Loss of BT Classic connection - determine cause

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CoreyW_81
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Is there any way in the headset application (on a CYBT-343026) to determine the cause of a disconnect from a phone.  There are 2 things we'd like to determine:

1) did the disconnect come from the phone actually terminating the connection by shutting down a music app or disconnecting in the Bluetooth settings?

2) did the disconnect occur because the phone went out of range and cannot be "seen" anymore.

Based on the type of disconnect, I need to determine if I should accept the disconnect or try to reestablish the connection.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Corey,

I think in BT classic , the only option is to use wiced_bt_dev_register_connection_status_change API ( /20706-A2_Bluetooth/include/wiced_bt_dev.h ) . In the wiced_bt_connection_status_change_cback_t call back you will get the disconnect reason .

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Corey,

I think in BT classic , the only option is to use wiced_bt_dev_register_connection_status_change API ( /20706-A2_Bluetooth/include/wiced_bt_dev.h ) . In the wiced_bt_connection_status_change_cback_t call back you will get the disconnect reason .

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes