Initial settings when using HCI mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hata_3396041
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored First like received 50 questions asked

Hello

I was previously taught by the thread below how to use CYBT-343026-01 in HCI mode.

https://community.cypress.com/t5/WICED-Studio-Bluetooth/About-the-WICED-HCI-protocol/m-p/57884#M1051

When I used the Inquiry command to search for peripheral devices after booting in HCI mode, no Inquiry result was returned.

Do I need to make any other settings after booting?

(I can find multiple devices by running the Inquiry command in EZ-Serial mode.)

I also found the description However you may need to program it initially with firmware / patches. In the thread below.

https://community.cypress.com/t5/WICED-Studio-Bluetooth/How-to-download-the-controller-firmware-of-C...

Also, does this have anything to do with the behavior in Question 1?

Isn't it possible to use standard HCI just by switching to HCI mode by operating SPI_MOSI and CTS at reset?

Is it possible to provide firmware / patches for Android?

Best Regards

Hayato

0 Likes
1 Solution
Takashi_M
1000 replies posted 500 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Dear hata_3396041-san,
We have to apologize for your inconvenience on CDC at this time.

Here is the comment from our AE.

Please check the following comments and let us know if anything.

=====

1  I have tested the HCI mode on my side before. I can search BLE devices by sending the corresponding command through CYBluetool.

To enter the HCI mode, you need to download an application to the device first. You can use the application in the blog I sent before.

Then enter the HCI mode by pulling the CTS(not SPI MOSI) to high during the power on reset as I said before.

2. We don’t have support for the Android Bluetooth stack. Customer needs to develop it by their own.

=====

regards.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Takashi_M
1000 replies posted 500 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Dear hata_3396041-san,
We have to apologize for your inconvenience on CDC at this time.

Here is the comment from our AE.

Please check the following comments and let us know if anything.

=====

1  I have tested the HCI mode on my side before. I can search BLE devices by sending the corresponding command through CYBluetool.

To enter the HCI mode, you need to download an application to the device first. You can use the application in the blog I sent before.

Then enter the HCI mode by pulling the CTS(not SPI MOSI) to high during the power on reset as I said before.

2. We don’t have support for the Android Bluetooth stack. Customer needs to develop it by their own.

=====

regards.

0 Likes