How to use permanent storage?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ilHw_4713311
Level 4
Level 4
5 solutions authored 50 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hello.

CYBT-413034

Wiced Studio: 6.4(MFi)

Question

1. After updating firmware, pairing information and BT mac was erased. How can I maintain it?

(Do I need external storage?)

2. How can I use nvram for BT display name? I'm not sure if nvram is for custom usage.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hi ilHw_4713311 ,

1. After updating firmware, pairing information and BT mac was erased. How can I maintain it?

A: Can you please clarify , did you reprogrammed the module or did OTA firmware upgrade ? Programming will re-write the entire flash, so nvram data will be lost . There is no way to retain the bonding info after reprogramming.

2. How can I use nvram for BT display name? I'm not sure if nvram is for custom usage.

A: You can use nvram APIs to read / write to nvram. Once you read back from the nvram, you can set device name by modifying .device_name of the wiced_bt_cfg_settings_t  and setting the same in adv data using wiced_bt_ble_set_raw_advertisement_data

Thanks & Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hi ilHw_4713311 ,

A: Can you please clarify , did you reprogrammed the module or did OTA firmware upgrade ? Programming will re-write the entire flash, so nvram data will be lost . There is no way to retain the bonding info after reprogramming.

A: You can use nvram APIs to read / write to nvram. Once you read back from the nvram, you can set device name by modifying .device_name of the wiced_bt_cfg_settings_t  and setting the same in adv data using wiced_bt_ble_set_raw_advertisement_data

Thanks & Regards,

Anjana