How to enable Bluetooth classic on CYW920819EVB-02

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JiBE_4225406
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I am trying to implement Serial Port Profile with the stack Bluetooth Classic using Modustoolbox IDE.

Actually, I didn't understand the Bluetooth Stack configuration structure wiced_bt_cfg_settings_t and I didn't find enough explanation.

In fact, I want to use only Bluetooth classic (BR/EDR) and I don't know how to define the proper value of each parameter in this structure.

I checked the "Bluetooth Configurator" tool, which is integrated into Modustoolbox, and I didn't find any option to configure BR/EDR device; I think It's designed to configure only BLE devices.

Could you please help me ?!

Thank you in advance

Jihed

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received
0 Likes
3 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi Jihed,

Can you please have a look at spp example at Code-Examples-BT-SDK-for-ModusToolbox/CYW920819EVB-02/apps/snip at master · cypresssemiconductorco/C...?

Hopefully this helps!

0 Likes

Thank you for your response.

Actually, It's not a question about the SPP example because I used it in my code and I encountered some problems such as lack of documentation and also the Modustoolbox IDE doesn't support spp_lib for CYW20819. So, I used the code source delivered for CYW20719 on the Wiced Studio.

In our project, we have to master the Bluetooth stack with its different parameters and this example cannot help us. All we need is a document explaining the software architecture of this MCU and how the BT stack works.

Best regards,

Jihed

0 Likes

HI Jihed,

Can you please refer to https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an226546-cyw20819-feature-and-peripheral-gui...

and CYW20819 Product Guide

Unfortunately, we do not have other documentation apart from this as of now.