How to configure a CYW920719B1 project to use SEGGER SWD in Wiced Studio

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PK
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

I have a CYW92079B1 device on my custom board. The only outside interface connections I have on this board are the HCI UART and the PUART. I am using Wiced Studio 6.2.1.2 to download my code, which runs fine. I see the printf statements coming out on the COM console. I use the CYW920719Q40EVB_01 eval board as a ‘passthrough’ for PC USB to UARTs on my custom board. This allows me to download and run the code, and see the print statements on PuTTY console that is mapped to ‘WICED Peripheral UART’ as seen in Windows Device Manager.

But I want to be able to put breakpoint in my source code as the code runs. I want to be able to use Segger JLINK. I have got the Segger Jlink hooked to PC via USB. The 20 pin male connector has the following pins.

PK_0-1631239729273.pngFigure 1 Segger Pinout

Using the SuperMuxConfig tool, I create the <app>_pin_config.c file, and then replace the PUART specific pins to Serial Wire debug i/o and clock as shown in the table below.

wiced_platform_gpio_t platform_gpio_pins[]=

{

[PLATFORM_GPIO_0]   = {WICED_P00, WICED_GPIO},

[PLATFORM_GPIO_1]   = {WICED_P01, WICED_SPI_1_MISO},

[PLATFORM_GPIO_2]   = {WICED_P02, WICED_PCM_OUT_I2S_DO},

[PLATFORM_GPIO_3]   = {WICED_P04, WICED_PCM_IN_I2S_DI},

[PLATFORM_GPIO_4]   = {WICED_P06, WICED_GCI_SECI_IN},

[PLATFORM_GPIO_5]   = {WICED_P07, WICED_SPI_1_CS},

[PLATFORM_GPIO_6]   = {WICED_P10, WICED_GCI_SECI_OUT},

[PLATFORM_GPIO_7]   = {WICED_P16, WICED_PCM_CLK_I2S_CLK},

[PLATFORM_GPIO_8]   = {WICED_P17, WICED_PCM_SYNC_I2S_WS},

[PLATFORM_GPIO_9]   = {WICED_P25, WICED_I2C_1_SCL},

[PLATFORM_GPIO_10]  = {WICED_P26, WICED_GPIO},

[PLATFORM_GPIO_11]  = {WICED_P28, WICED_SPI_1_MOSI},

[PLATFORM_GPIO_12]  = {WICED_P29, WICED_I2C_1_SDA},

[PLATFORM_GPIO_13]  = {WICED_P33, WICED_SWDIO},

[PLATFORM_GPIO_14]  = {WICED_P34, WICED_SWDCK},

[PLATFORM_GPIO_15]  = {WICED_P38, WICED_SPI_1_CLK},

};

Table 1: Code Snippet from the generated _pin_config.c file.

Then I connect Pin 7 from the SEGGER Pinout, as shown in Figure 1 above, to the RX, and the Pin 9 to the TX coming out from my PUART connection from my custom board. Of course, I connect the Ground from SEGGER, e.g., Pin 4 in Figure 1 above to the ground on my custom board.

My questions:

1. Is my connection above correctly done for hardware wiring to be able to debug? If not, then how should I do it?
  2. What do I have to update in Wiced Studio 6.2.1.2 for my application project settings to enable breakpoints in code?
  3. Do you already have a procedure/document available, that I can download, that explains how to debug by putting breakpoints in source code?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best regards,

PK

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hello @PK ,

The latest document available is for 20719B2 which is on Modus Tool Box. 

For 20719B1, Have you already gone through the steps mentioned in below thread? If not, can you please try and let us know if it helps?

https://community.cypress.com/t5/WICED-Studio-Bluetooth/Cypress-CYW920719Q40-B1-eval-kit-debugging/t...

Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hello @PK ,

The latest document available is for 20719B2 which is on Modus Tool Box. 

For 20719B1, Have you already gone through the steps mentioned in below thread? If not, can you please try and let us know if it helps?

https://community.cypress.com/t5/WICED-Studio-Bluetooth/Cypress-CYW920719Q40-B1-eval-kit-debugging/t...

Regards,

Anjana