How to change transmit interval

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YaTr_3516311
Level 5
Level 5
25 sign-ins First solution authored 100 replies posted

Dear friends,

I want to realize a function that let CYBT-343026-01 to transmit data per 7s(Defult param), and somtimes can reset the 7s to 8s or 9s...

How can I modify the code with WICED-Studio tool which generated the code? Refill the high_duty_directed_min_interval&high_duty_directed_max_interval param in wiced_bt_cfg_settings and restart timer?

I think I need to realize the function same with "SAP,H=2BC0,D=0,F=2" in ezserial_343026-CYBT_343026_EVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release.

BR,

Treacy

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Treacy,

From your previous threads, I beleive you are using ibeacon (broadcasting using adv packets).  From your description , I think you want to set the adv interval , so that your adv data will be in intervals of say 7s .

In that case , yes you need to change high_duty_min_interval / low_duty_min_interval / high_duty_directed_min_interval / ... min and max depending upon the advert mode you are using in the wiced_bt_cfg_settings

You don't have to restart any timer.

To change in run time, you may try changing the same structure parameter (like db_cfg_settings.ble_advert_cfg.high_duty_nonconn_max_interval = 11200;) before calling start advertisement.

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Treacy,

From your previous threads, I beleive you are using ibeacon (broadcasting using adv packets).  From your description , I think you want to set the adv interval , so that your adv data will be in intervals of say 7s .

In that case , yes you need to change high_duty_min_interval / low_duty_min_interval / high_duty_directed_min_interval / ... min and max depending upon the advert mode you are using in the wiced_bt_cfg_settings

You don't have to restart any timer.

To change in run time, you may try changing the same structure parameter (like db_cfg_settings.ble_advert_cfg.high_duty_nonconn_max_interval = 11200;) before calling start advertisement.

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Just some additional comments for your question, there will be a random delay between the advertisement interval. It is a pseudo-random value with a range of 0 ms to 10 ms. You need to evaluate if it has any effect with your 7s precision.

0 Likes

Dear Owen,

Isn't  wiced_bt_cfg_settings struct the read-only object? I modify the code and complie, but it appear as below.

../../apps/iBeacon/iBeacon.c:740:62: error: assignment of member 'high_duty_min_interval' in read-only object

wiced_bt_cfg_settings.ble_advert_cfg.high_duty_min_interval=value;

^

../../apps/iBeacon/iBeacon.c:741:62: error: assignment of member 'high_duty_max_interval' in read-only object

wiced_bt_cfg_settings.ble_advert_cfg.high_duty_max_interval=value;

^

../../apps/iBeacon/iBeacon.c:742:71: error: assignment of member 'high_duty_directed_min_interval' in read-only object

wiced_bt_cfg_settings.ble_advert_cfg.high_duty_directed_min_interval=value;

^

../../apps/iBeacon/iBeacon.c:743:71: error: assignment of member 'high_duty_directed_max_interval' in read-only object

wiced_bt_cfg_settings.ble_advert_cfg.high_duty_directed_max_interval=value;

^

../../apps/iBeacon/iBeacon.c:744:70: error: assignment of member 'high_duty_nonconn_min_interval' in read-only object

wiced_bt_cfg_settings.ble_advert_cfg.high_duty_nonconn_min_interval=value;

^

../../apps/iBeacon/iBeacon.c:745:70: error: assignment of member 'high_duty_nonconn_max_interval' in read-only object

wiced_bt_cfg_settings.ble_advert_cfg.high_duty_nonconn_max_interval=value;

^

makefile:428: recipe for target '../../build/iBeacon-CYBT_343026_EVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release/wiced_bt_cfg.o' failed

make.exe[1]: *** [../../build/iBeacon-CYBT_343026_EVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release/wiced_bt_cfg.o] Error 1

make.exe[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

makefile:428: recipe for target '../../build/iBeacon-CYBT_343026_EVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release/iBeacon.o' failed

make.exe[1]: *** [../../build/iBeacon-CYBT_343026_EVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release/iBeacon.o] Error 1

Makefile:536: recipe for target 'iBeacon-CYBT_343026_EVAL' failed

make: *** [iBeacon-CYBT_343026_EVAL] Error 2

0 Likes

Hi Treacy,

Please change the const data type and try.

just wiced_bt_cfg_settings_t db_cfg_settings = {} in the wiced_bt_cfg.c and add as extern in your main app

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes