How to change the frequency & power level of 20719

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
veb_3529051
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I wanted the measure the "CYW20719" power level in the complete band 2402 to 2483, so can anyone teach me how to change the frequency & power level.

I found the detail in HCI commands list, but i'm unable to understand which register and what value to be update in below format. So can you help me to understand register settings.

The example below turns the carrier ON and instructs the CYW20706 to transmit an

unmodulated pattern on 2402 MHz at 3 dBm.

WICED-SmartReady-SDK\Tools\wmbt\Release>wmbt tx_frequency_arm COM4 1 2402 0 0 3

Sending WICED HCI Command:

0000 < 19 10 08 0B 00 01 14 FC 07 00 00 00 00 08 03 00 >

how to send these commands to evaluation board.  Is their any software to send the commands

Thanks. . . . . .

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can MBT or WMBT to send RF test commands such as the one you have mentioned above. These tools are available under wiced_tools folder. You will have to run them from command prompt.

If you want to use mbt, follow these steps:

1) download any application from WICED. Make sure there is no call to wiced_transport_init. If there is wiced_transport_init used, make sure that the baudrate matches to that you will use with MBT.

2) Once any application is downloaded, run MBT from command prompt.

3) Send RESET command and then the command of your choice.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can MBT or WMBT to send RF test commands such as the one you have mentioned above. These tools are available under wiced_tools folder. You will have to run them from command prompt.

If you want to use mbt, follow these steps:

1) download any application from WICED. Make sure there is no call to wiced_transport_init. If there is wiced_transport_init used, make sure that the baudrate matches to that you will use with MBT.

2) Once any application is downloaded, run MBT from command prompt.

3) Send RESET command and then the command of your choice.

0 Likes

Hello yssu

Thanks! for your reply.  i have few doubts since i was new to IoT, can tell me in detail

1. How to run the MBT from command prompt?

2.As i checked in wiced it is having the mbt.exe under wiced_tools\mbt\Win32\mbt.exe.  But the problem is when i'm trying to open by click on it open window is opening and its closing automatically.

3. The example below turns the carrier ON and instructs the BCM2070x to transmit the PRBS9 mode, 8PSK type pattern on 2402 MHz at 3 dBm.

Sending HCI Command:

0000 < 14 FC 07 00 02 01 02 08 03 00 >

But if i wanted to change frequency from 2402 to 2410 & power level 3dBm to -1dBm which values i need to change? and how come i'll get to know about the register settings and their respective values based on my requirement.

0 Likes