How to assign a unique number to any bluetooth device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ns_4270701
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted
Hello,

Module: CYBT-423028

IDE: Wiced studio

SDK Wiced studio 6.2

Initial stage:
  Kindly note that we are using Wiced Mod programming utility, by manually giving a starting base address and select the "Auto increase base address after programming" option.  Please see the   attached document here.

 So in this way, we can achieve the incremented MAC address and the same address we use for the product's serial number.

Change request stage:
The client's requirement changed and they require us to use the Product serial number which is like "TSCADES00001", and the numbers should be incremental, How do we achieve it? 

TSCADES00001: where T = product type (other options: A, G),  S = product making type (Other options: A, C),  and likewise... 
There will be multiple products of the same product type, The products are identified at production time by their Product Type, there are mainly 3 types of products and all are Bluetooth-operated devices.. 
We have thought of using MOD programmer utility by assigning the base address as in numeric values and by software will again map the Numeric values to Serial number's alphabetic to generate a "Product's serial number".

Where first 3 bytes of MAC address will be mapped with numeric values of required serial number's alphabetic, i.e.  (T=1, A=2, G=3)  (S=1, A=2, C =3) ... etc.. because Mac address max allowed value can be FF. 

Example:      TSCADE000001 
BASE Address:    112121000001
So the Base address will be the MAC address of the Bluetooth device, and by software manipulation on MAC address the alphanumeric address will become the Product's serial number.

Query:
We want to confirm, Is there are any chances of MAC address conflict with any other device?
0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Well there are high chances that the device address will match with any other device address but I cant assure that totally. 

Also, I dont see any attachment but I understood what your operation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Well there are high chances that the device address will match with any other device address but I cant assure that totally. 

Also, I dont see any attachment but I understood what your operation.

0 Likes