cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Studio Bluetooth

jobec_4074836
New Contributor

Hello,

I have the CYW20719Q40EVB-01 board and am trying to conduct througput tests over BLE and BR/EDR between the board an a Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact (supporting Bluetooth 5). The problems I'm experiencing only regards BLE. When connecting to the device I'm setting the preffered PHY to LE_2M which returns SUCCESS but when I'm sending bigger chunks of data and calculate the throughput, it seems that the PDU-size has not been extended to enable 251 byte payloads. The carachteristics for transmitting data have been setup for 247 bytes.

Is there a way to increase the Link Layer RX/TX payload size in wiced studio?

Best regards

John Bergelin

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ

Hi John,

For characteristics exceeding the MTU, Android breaks the data into chunks and sends multiple blob packets. As far as I know, Android supports max 23 Bytes MTU size. So this can be one of the reason for low throughput.

I would suggest to use CySmart – Bluetooth® LE Test and Debug Tool for connection,we have observed increased throughput using CySmart dongle.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SheetalJ

Hi John,

For characteristics exceeding the MTU, Android breaks the data into chunks and sends multiple blob packets. As far as I know, Android supports max 23 Bytes MTU size. So this can be one of the reason for low throughput.

I would suggest to use CySmart – Bluetooth® LE Test and Debug Tool for connection,we have observed increased throughput using CySmart dongle.

View solution in original post