HELLO, I am making a BLE MODULE using CYW20735PB1KMZ1GT.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
YeJE_3763896
Level 1
Level 1
First like given Welcome!

HELLO, I am making a BLE MODULE using CYW20735PB1KMZ1GT.

I have 2 questions.

First, What does 'tie' do?

I think it's to do with the  MIC, right?

(Notice the red box on the attached photo.)

2nd, I don't use the MIC. So, Do not need to use the tie?

Thank you for your time and prompt response.

0 Likes
1 Solution
WinstonF_61
250 sign-ins 100 likes received 100 sign-ins

Hi,

Those 'TIE' points are just ground points. Its a standard PCB layout practice to route Analog & Digital Grounds separately on the PCB and connect them together only at 1 common point. Mostly this point should be the Ground connection of the on board Voltage Regulator or the point at which the incoming Power supply ground is connected.

This should not matter much if you do not plan to use the MIC in your design, but you will have to connect them to Ground. No need to do a separate routing on the PCB though.

Regards
Winston

View solution in original post

1 Reply
WinstonF_61
250 sign-ins 100 likes received 100 sign-ins

Hi,

Those 'TIE' points are just ground points. Its a standard PCB layout practice to route Analog & Digital Grounds separately on the PCB and connect them together only at 1 common point. Mostly this point should be the Ground connection of the on board Voltage Regulator or the point at which the incoming Power supply ground is connected.

This should not matter much if you do not plan to use the MIC in your design, but you will have to connect them to Ground. No need to do a separate routing on the PCB though.

Regards
Winston