EZ-Serial Throughput test for CYBT-343026

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SaEa_4705941
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi,

I am having trouble on getting 40KB/s throughput from module to my laptop. According to this thread ,  by @Owen_Zhang123 ,the module is capable of having a throughput of 65KB/s. I would like to know the test configurations used during the said and would like to have my test configuration the same for my testing.  

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

CYSPP/EZ-Serial doesn't have much configurable parameters. If your tests completed successfully without errors, then it's already the optimized speed you could probably get in your environment.

Please note that: BT/BLE uses back-off algorithm. Hence if the 2.4Ghz radio channels are busy in your environment, then you will observe relatively low test results.

Best regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

CYSPP/EZ-Serial doesn't have much configurable parameters. If your tests completed successfully without errors, then it's already the optimized speed you could probably get in your environment.

Please note that: BT/BLE uses back-off algorithm. Hence if the 2.4Ghz radio channels are busy in your environment, then you will observe relatively low test results.

Best regards

0 Likes
SaEa_4705941
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi @Charles_Lai ,

My test wasn't successful as the throughput requirement which is at least 40kB/s was not satisfied with this module using EZ-serial.  Hence I prefer repeating the same configuration performed by Cypress tech team to see if it helps. This evaluation is critical for our design. 

Regards

0 Likes
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

We are using teraterm on both side as the UART tool. Then transfer files from the module to laptop.

Thanks @Owen_Zhang123 . Could you please let me know the baudrate of the module and how you measured the throughput. Thanks

0 Likes