Connect two devices (A2DP and SPP) simultaneously on the 20719

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DmDo_4696101
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

Is it possible to connect two devices (A2DP and SPP) simultaneously on the 20719? I need streaming audio data to a headset and send some values to an Android tablet via SPP. Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I think this should be possible. However, we donot have any code example demonstrating the same, You will need to implement A2DP+SPP functionality on your own.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi DmDo_4696101​,

It is possible to use A2DP sink and SPP simultaneously; however CYW20719 do not support A2DP sink, it only supports A2DP source. So you might want to consider a different option for A2DP streaming here. You can send the audio data via SPP using CYW20719 but it might affect the throughput considering A2DP streaming, background BT traffic etc.

0 Likes

Hi! Thank you for the answer. I just would like to specify my project. I gonna use CYW20719 as audio source to connect to the headset (sink) At the same time 20719 should be connected to the Android tablet with the terminal software to see serial data (Sended from 20719 to the tablet via SPP). It means 2 connections and 20719 is a master.

0 Likes

I think this should be possible. However, we donot have any code example demonstrating the same, You will need to implement A2DP+SPP functionality on your own.