Configuring Transmit power on the CYW20706

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am referring to your blog post Configuring Transmit (Tx) power on the CYW20706

I am working with a CYW20706 and WICED Studio 6.1 and am trying to control the TX power. The function wiced_bt_set_tx_power() doesn't seem to be available to me, when compiling the linker complains that the function is not found.

I have tried to set the TX power with max_pwr_db_val in wiced_bt_cfg_settings_t, but it does not seem to have any effect. I measure the current consumption of my board and it always stays the same. I have tried values from -20 to +8 with no effect on power consumption.

I got curious and tried a value of 100, which should not be allowed, but wiced_bt_stack_init() does return successfully, so I have the suspicion that the value of max_pwr_db_val is ignored by the stack.

Can you confirm that max_pwr_db_val can be used to set the TX power or tell another way to set the TX power on CYW20706 with WICED Studio 6.1?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sorry, the functions are wiced_bt_dev_set_adv_tx_power and wiced_bt_dev_set_tx_power. Kindly use these functions.

I have corrected the blog as well.

I just checked the source and setting the max tx pwr in the bt_cfg does affect the max power that will be used. If you provide a value greater than 12, then the code still uses 12 even though it does not throw an error.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ShengY_96
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!

Please check if the followed link is helpful: Configuring Transmit (Tx) power on the CYW20706

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sorry, the functions are wiced_bt_dev_set_adv_tx_power and wiced_bt_dev_set_tx_power. Kindly use these functions.

I have corrected the blog as well.

I just checked the source and setting the max tx pwr in the bt_cfg does affect the max power that will be used. If you provide a value greater than 12, then the code still uses 12 even though it does not throw an error.