Compatibility of WICED 6.2 application code in CYW20706 module and WICED 6.4 mobile APK

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiA_4003596
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi,

Could anyone please suggest how to use WICED 6.4 mobile APK with CYW20706 module programmed WICED 6.2 application code.

I have observed one thing that a CYBT-343151-02 module programmed with lightness application code of WICED 6.2 is not able to control with WICED 6.4 mobile APK or latest mobile application from play store.

In WICED 6.2 mobile APK, I have created four network with group of 25 device (light) each in Android mobile. Then I exported network details to transfer it to other Android mobile, for example second and third mobile. During installation, the light control (say ON/OFF) was happening through all three mobiles. Next for a period of four month, light was controlled and new device added only through first original device. After four month, second and third mobile could control NETWORK 1,3 & 4 not NETWORK 2. Even I have tried exporting the network details from former mobile and importing to second and third mobile, though connected to network not able to switch ON/OFF.

I have tried one more thing, imported network details to fourth mobile, initially it was not worked but yes after some time. Please advise.

Best regards,

NK

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

We recommend you to use the embedded apps and peer apps (helper applications) of the same release. Because, new features, library changes and bug fixes will be added to every release. Please update your setup with the latest supported software.

"I have tried one more thing, imported network details to fourth mobile, initially it was not worked but yes after some time. Please advise."

The imported database might not be the latest one. Due to this the message sequence number becomes out of sync. This is why the control worked after sometime.

Also, when you use multiple provisioners (mobile), I would suggest you to manage the database sync properly.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

We recommend you to use the embedded apps and peer apps (helper applications) of the same release. Because, new features, library changes and bug fixes will be added to every release. Please update your setup with the latest supported software.

"I have tried one more thing, imported network details to fourth mobile, initially it was not worked but yes after some time. Please advise."

The imported database might not be the latest one. Due to this the message sequence number becomes out of sync. This is why the control worked after sometime.

Also, when you use multiple provisioners (mobile), I would suggest you to manage the database sync properly.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Hi,

Thank you!

Please suggest how to manage the database sync properly as I have imported latest Json file and there is no change in network after exporting from the original device.

Also please tell me why the other two mobiles did not work.

Regards,

NK

0 Likes

Hi,

An ideal approach is to sync the database through a cloud infrastructure for the end prodcuct.

Using current cypress android/ios/windows mesh helper applications, you can export the database in JSON format. This database can be manually transferred locally by some means.

I don't think we can conclude something here without analyzing logs from network nodes and provisioner mobiles. We should find out when and how the issue is occurring, and define a set of procedure to reproduce the issue. Is it possible for you to reproduce the issue in a relatively smaller networks (consisting of max 3-5 nodes and 2 provisioners)?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi,

As this scenario came up at random test, I will check the issue with smaller networks.

Regards,

NK