Change WeSCO parameter for outgoing audio connection

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KoFo_4760836
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

We're trying to build an HF audio gateway using CYW920706WCDEVAL and unmodified example software provided with WICED Studio 6.4 (WICED-SDK Version: Wiced_006.004.000.0061 / b38d42ee8368ff374b13514286120afd9e788a07), and we have troubles connecting AirPods to the evaluation board, and I think the WeSCO setting can be the reason for those. Comparing air traces for a mobile phone and CYW20706 I could see that "LMP eSCO Link Request" by the mobile phone is accepted by AirPods, while the request from our product is not answered at all. The only difference between those 2 requests is WeSCO - mobile phone sets it to 4, while CYBT sets it to 6.

When CYW920706 requests an eSCO link towards a headset (see code snippet below), it results in "LMP eSCO Link Request" for 2-EV3 packets where WeSCO parameter in is set to 6 slots. However, according to Bluetooth Core specs (Link Manager Protocol Specification, Table 5.3: Mandatory parameter ranges for eSCO packet types) this parameter for 2-EV3 packets shall be 0, 2 or 4.

Please advise, how to force WeSCO become 4 instead of 6.

wiced_bt_sco_params_t params;

params.use_wbs = WICED_TRUE;
params.max_latency = 13;
params.retrans_effort = BTM_ESCO_RETRANS_QUALITY;
params.packet_types = ( BTM_SCO_PKT_TYPES_MASK_EV3 | /* EV3 + 2-EV3 */
BTM_SCO_PKT_TYPES_MASK_NO_3_EV3 |
BTM_SCO_PKT_TYPES_MASK_NO_2_EV5 |
BTM_SCO_PKT_TYPES_MASK_NO_3_EV5 );

status = wiced_bt_sco_create_as_initiator(p_scb->hf_addr, &p_scb->sco_idx, &params);

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

Have you tried the app from the latest Modustoolbox?  https://www.cypress.com/products/modustoolbox 

If not, I would suggest to use the latest BTSDK app in Modustoolbox and check whether you can reproduce the issue or not. WICED Studio is pretty old software dev IDE and we may not be able to release fixes for these apps, since 20706 is already supported in the latest software.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi @DheerajPK_41 ,

It is exactly the same with the latest Modustoolbox. Please see attached BTSpy log, air trace and a screenshot of the Ellisys sniffer.

Please tell me how to influence WeSCO parameter in order to force the CYBT chip set it to 4 instead of 6.

Best regards
Konstantin

0 Likes
KoFo_4760836
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Today I got an email from community-manager@cypress.com asking me to close this ticket as resolved. Please note that it is NOT resolved. Please do not close it. Please provide answer to my comment on April 26th.

0 Likes