Can't find EZ-SERIAL GPIO definitions for CYBLE-013030-00

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiCo_3776021
Level 1
Level 1

I've looked through the data sheets and forums and can't find the GPIO Pin Map for the CYBLE-013030-00/CYBLE-013025-00 anywhere. I'm referring to these pin definitions from table 8-1 in the EZ-Serial BLE Firmware Platform User Guide (rev E) in relation to the EZ-serial protocol, not the basic gpio functions on the MCU. my intent is to utilize the module as using the ez-serial protocol and use the GPIO pins to make the program more efficient. any help would be appreciated, thanks!

here's a pic of the table with other modules.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

As you can see from the product introduction of the EZ-BLE modules, the 013030 doesn't support the EZ-Serial firmware. If you want to use the EZ-Serial, please use the 013025. The pin introduction of the module 013025 can be found in the WICED EZ-Serial BLE Firmware Platform User Guide - V1.1.2 on table 8.1 http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-serial-ez-ble-module-firmware-platform

pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

As you can see from the product introduction of the EZ-BLE modules, the 013030 doesn't support the EZ-Serial firmware. If you want to use the EZ-Serial, please use the 013025. The pin introduction of the module 013025 can be found in the WICED EZ-Serial BLE Firmware Platform User Guide - V1.1.2 on table 8.1 http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-serial-ez-ble-module-firmware-platform

pastedImage_1.png

Thank you that cleared it up. in the document you referenced it has HCI_UART_RX and HCI_UART_TX listed in table 8-2 are these the same signals as UP_TX and UP_RX from the module's data sheet? here is the table for reference. Thanks!

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

The HCI_UART_TX and HCI_UART_RX coresspond to the UART_TXD (F4 16) and UART_RXD (F5 20) in the module datasheet.

0 Likes