Can't Download Demo App to CYBT34306 RAM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
OrAs_4645701
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

Hi

I succeed to run HCI standard command, but didn't succeed to see the name or mac address of the chip advertisement.

Also tried to download one of the demo app using the client control to the RAM (don't have flash).

I see the success message but no MAC/name advertisement and UI disabled.

I played with the baud rate also in the code of those demo apps with no change.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi OrAs_4645701 ,

Please confirm you are using platform files from the KBA here: Platform Files for CYBT-343026-EVAL – KBA221025

If you download hello_Sensor project , you will see the device advertising as Hello on your mobile app like cysmart.

I would suggest you to please go through our Getting started appnote available here: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an223400-getting-started-ez-bt-wiced-modules

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

10 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi OrAs_4645701 ,

Can you please confirm which demo you downloaded?

Can you please confirm you build the hcd file with DIRECT_LOAD=1 command for downloading to RAM ? You should not do a hard reset after downloading to RAM.

Also please note CYBT_343026 have flash on module, so can try downloading to flash as well.

Regards,

Anjana

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi,

I set the DIRECT_LOAD = 1

As show on the attached file

Also tried to build the headset demo project, for testing HFP service with audio.

Same problem UI is disabled.

0 Likes
lock attach

Did you see the screen shoot ?

0 Likes

Hi OrAs_4645701 ,

You have mentioned 'UI is disabled' . Can you please confirm which UI you are talking about ? Is it regarding Client control?

If then , please open client control port at speed 115200 for CYBT-343026 and try.

Regards,
Anjana

lock attach

So I succeed to download the Hello Sensor, but I don’t see nothing

What I suppose to see ?

0 Likes
lock attach

Another thing we don’t use the evaluation board!

Only the chip as is with our board.

This can make a difference ? we can or can’t use the demo apps included ?

0 Likes

Hi OrAs_4645701 ,

Please confirm you are using platform files from the KBA here: Platform Files for CYBT-343026-EVAL – KBA221025

If you download hello_Sensor project , you will see the device advertising as Hello on your mobile app like cysmart.

I would suggest you to please go through our Getting started appnote available here: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an223400-getting-started-ez-bt-wiced-modules

Thanks,

Anjana

So I downloaded the  CYBT-343026-EVAL – KBA221025 and it's works, but why it's haven't been include in the WICED STUDIO 6.4 ?

Used the following link to install:

Programming an EZ-BT WICED Module – KBA223428

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi OrAs_4645701 ,

Glad that it works now .

Q) but why it's haven't been include in the WICED STUDIO 6.4 ?

=> I am sorry I don't have any explanation for that . Basically  In WICED we used to support the base chips and later created the certified Ez-BT modules . So we provided the platform files as KBA's. Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjana

lock attach

I tried to build the headset as direct download to ram in the WICED studio:

Right click on the project in the right side of the screen (Make Target)

Check out the box said “Same as the target name”

1. in Make Target I added the flag DIRECT_LOAD=1 in “demo.audio.headset-CYW920706WCDEVAL DIRECT_LOAD=1 build” project ( attachment 1 )

2. When I build it, I got confirmation in the console that direct build set. ( attachment 1)

3. I tried to download to the RAM and I got the following error:

Failed to send hcd portion at 247fa6 ( attachment 2 )

4. I tried to reset the board include plug and unplug and flashing a different project.

Same problem

0 Likes