CYW920719Q40EVB-01 build and program problem- NO device Detected

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
daba_4649501
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

gfreenetamAnjanaM_61MichaelF_56DaZh_2976111

i am using CYW920719Q40EVB-01 kit and i'm using WICED studio 6.4.0.61 IDE for software development.

when i try to download a demo project(hello sensor)or snips , it can build successfully but it does not getting download in the board

it says

Detecting device...

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| No CYW207x9 device detected.                                                           

| 1. Verify the CYW207x9 WICED eval board is connected _AND_ powered                     

| 2. Verify all switches are set to the default positions                                

|    - see "Connect the WICED Evaluation Board" in the Quick Start Guide or Kit Guide    

|      for defaults                                                                      

| 3. Press the reset button on the WICED eval board and retry                            

|                                                                                        

| See 20719-B1_Bluetooth/README.txt for more info.                                       

| If this problem persists, the board EEPROM may need to be reset to factory defaults.   

| Please see Recovery instructions in the Quick Start Guide or Kit Guide.                

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

i have tried the recovery and resetting options in the board but it still does not working. when i check the device manager it shows all the drivers are installed but still not downloading.

please help me to resolve this issue.

thanks and regards

Danny.

Message was edited by: danny baker

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi daba_4649501 ,

Yes , seems to be like some issue with board. Please try with a new one. Hope you are able to do download FW to your CYW20820 Eval board without any problem. 

Also please note, the latest 20719 version is 20719B2 https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cyw920719b2q40evb-01-evaluation-kit  . For new customer application, we recommend to use 20719B2.

Note:

Meanwhile I would suggest you to go through our WICED Academy files for getting started : GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/CypressAcademy_WBT101_Files: Files for WICED Bluetooth 101 class

Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi daba_4649501 ,

As you can see UART drivers installed, I believe there is no issue with HCI UART connections on your board. However can you just check if you can see both HCI UART and Peripheral Uart enumerated ?

Make sure you have not connected HCI UART to any other consoles (say Teraterm) by mistake. If then you wont be able to use HCI UART to download via SDK.

I would suggest you to try the recovery procedure once again ( Press Recovery -> press and release Reset -> Release Recovery button).

If still you are facing issue, please try once with Cypress Programmer available here to download the generated hex file in build folder of SDK - https://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-programming-solutions

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes

hello,

i saw the connection of HCI uart and Peripheral uart and they are not intact or no terminals softwares are opened while downloading.

i am only executing wiced studio ,still no device detected error shows.

also tried the recovery procedure numerous times, still no change.

about the cypress programmer, i don't have the miniprog4 kit with me, i only have development board and a usb cable.

i  don't know how to proceed further with the development board. please help.AnjanaM_61DaZh_2976111MoTa_728816​ @daba_4649501

thanks and regards,

danny.

0 Likes

HI daba_4649501 ,

For the Cypress Programmer, you don't need Miniprog for 20719 EVAL kit. You can download through USB cable itself.

Can you also try with another USB port of your PC ? Any chance if you can test with another EVAL board to see if its specific to your PC? Or can you check with another PC?

Regards,
Anjana

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

hello,

i used the  cypress programmer 3.0 as you said , when i connect my CYW920719Q40EVB-01 kit  to my pc and the cypress programmer does not detects COM PORTS like detects PUART or HCI UART anything at all but when i connect my CYW989820EVB-01 (another development board for modus tool box) , the cypress programmer can able to detect my CYW989820EVB-01 board through COM PORT.

does this mean my CYW920719Q40EVB-01 kit  is damaged or faulted in some case?

please refer the attachment images for your referance.

thanks and regards,

danny

AnjanaM_61DaZh_2976111MichaelF_56MoTa_728816

0 Likes

Hi daba_4649501 ,

Sorry , Not sure if board is broken or not. Can you add the Com port of HCI UART in make target and try ?

For example :

demo.hello_sensor-CYW920719Q40EVB_01 download download UART=COM8 (Instead of 8 , please write the HCI UART port number enumerated on your PC)

If still not working, as a last chance , try with Chipload : Programming using ChipLoad.exe

If still no luck, it may be a board issue

Regards,

Anjana

lock attach

hello,

i have tried the chip load process and its not working and i dont know where to change the com port , in my case my com ports is HCI UART is COM40 and there is nothing in makefile...please provide me with flow process to the change the com port in my program.

AnjanaM_61DaZh_2976111

do i have to change the make file in wiced or apps demo projects?

please tell me where to change the makefile changes...

please refer the images below

picture flow of the process will be great.

thanks and regards,

danny.

0 Likes
lock attach

Please see the attached image.

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes
lock attach

hello AnjanaM_61DaZh_2976111NiLi_2861801MichaelF_56MoTa_728816broadcomwiced-admin

StAl_1564616

the previous reply helped me to solve the UART issues but now i am getting an another error like below statements

Downloading application...

********* Download Failure *************

| Power cycle the CYW20719 device and retry.                                              |

| If this problem persists, the serial flash on the board may be corrupted.                |

| Please see the "Build And Load a Sample Application" section in the Kit Guide for        |

| recovery instructions.                                                                  |

Download failed. This WICED platform of the SDK only supports download to 20719B1 device.

i have tried the recovery and reset cycle still error have not resolved.

please refer the attached image.

thanks and regards,

danny.

0 Likes

Hi daba_4649501 ,

As the download is failing in all cases I suspect the board. You don't have any extra board to test ?

Can you just send me a pic of your EVAL kit ?

or can you please double confirm if its board 1 or 2

1. https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cyw920719q40evb-01-evaluation-kit

2. https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cyw920719b2q40evb-01-evaluation-kit

Regards,
Anjana

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello AnjanaM_61​, DaZh_2976111MichaelF_56MoTa_728816broadcomwiced-adminStAl_1564616

unfortunately i don't have any other boards to test and i can confirm that it is the board 1 (CYW920719Q40EVB-01).

i think i found the problem in the development board,

there is a pin called J15(I MEAS VDDI0) near to thermistor enable.\

the J15 was not connected but when i try to connect the pin J15 , the whole board LED's shuts down and the BLE chip  suddenly gets heated.

does the  J15(I MEAS VDDI0) pin needed to start download the process?

please refer the attachment below

but when i see my other development boards like CYW989820EVB-01, the J15(I MEAS VDDIO) is connected,

please resolve this issue as soon as you can

thanks and regards,

danny.

0 Likes

Hi daba_4649501 ,

Yes, you need to connect VDDIO pin

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes

J15 is used to power the carrier board. If it's open, then the bt device will not be powered at all. More information in the user guide for this EVK.

0 Likes
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Heat ups may suggest a short circuit somewhere and it is not easy to debug. For a start, can you switch your vbat (j8) and vddio (j7) to both 1.8V? Still short?

0 Likes

hello,

i have tried shorted j7 and j8 to i.8v and the scenario remains the same. it is probably the board fault and when the new board is available , i will let you know if i face the same problem, thanks for your support.

regards,

danny. AnjanaM_61 BoonT_56

0 Likes

Hi daba_4649501 ,

Yes , seems to be like some issue with board. Please try with a new one. Hope you are able to do download FW to your CYW20820 Eval board without any problem. 

Also please note, the latest 20719 version is 20719B2 https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cyw920719b2q40evb-01-evaluation-kit  . For new customer application, we recommend to use 20719B2.

Note:

Meanwhile I would suggest you to go through our WICED Academy files for getting started : GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/CypressAcademy_WBT101_Files: Files for WICED Bluetooth 101 class

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes

hello,

i have checked the development kit with another pc's the scenario is still the same..

no device detected

0 Likes