I purchased a CYW920719Q40-B1 eval kits for my project recently. I am trouble in that it will always generates a series of waves after downloading official samples onto the board with WICED v6.6 which is observed via spectrum analyzer. But a new bare CYW20719 won't behave like that.
For more details is following.
1. The wave only occurs at the beginning after a hard reset.
2. The wave seens a continous wave like the following figure shows.
3. The frequency of the wave occurs in order of 2441-->2474-->2410-->2426-->2441-->2458-->2474(MHz) which likes a Tx test or self checking mechanism of the bluetooth chip I guess. However, I can't find where to define it in the programme project.
What's my assumption:
I think it is a regular action configured by the official samples. Cause I tried it in a new 20719 chip without downloading any firmwares and won't represent this problem. Besides, I have tried almost every samples in the 20719-B1_Bluetooth/apps directory. They all have the same problems.
What's my effort:
1. I have simplify APPLICATION_START( ) by commenting all of the codes in it, but it doesn't solve.
2. I tried comment the function application_start_internal( void ) in 20719-B1_Bluetooth/WICED/common/spar_setup.c, but it doesn't solve.
Could you help me to locate the key of the problem?
Hi @rydge ,
Can you please let us know the following to understand the behavior?
1. What are you trying to measure in the attached graph? Are you trying to measure the Tx power? Can you please let us know the point where you performing device reset in the graph?
2. Which sample application are you using to test this behavior? When the device is reached from factory it is in controller only mode and it can receive HCI commands from the host.
3. WICED 6.6 doesn't support discrete BT chips. Can you please reconfirm the WICED version you are using to do this experiment?
We do not recommending editing the spar_setup.c file since it will lead to unexpected behavior
Thank you for your reply. I am glad to offer more details.
Hope my supplement is useful.
Hi @rydge ,
Thanks for your update. As mentioned earlier, CYW20719 is a stand-alone BT part and is only supported till WICED version 6.4. As you are using WICED 6.6, we doubt that you are able to program/build the application successfully to the CYW920719Q40EVB-01 eval board as library support itself is not present in WICED 6.6 version.
We would suggest you to install WICED 6.4 and then try programming the board. Please let us know your observations.
Hi @BragadeeshV ,
Thanks for your advice. Indeed, we can't find the SDK in WICED 6.6 so we move the 20719-B1_Bluetooth to the SDK directory artificially and run it.However, what is unfortunate is I tried the WICED 6.4 as you advise, it still shows the same performance that generates a serial of wave after each Reset press.
The console information as follows:
18:58:53 **** Build of configuration Release for project 20719-B1_Bluetooth ****
"E:\\WICED-Studio-6.4_SDK\\20719-B1_Bluetooth\\make.exe" snip.hal.puart-CYW920719Q40EVB_01 download
Linking target ELF
OK, made elf.
..\..\43xxx_Wi-Fi\tools\ARM_GNU\Win32\bin\arm-none-eabi-objdump: section '.ordered' mentioned in a -j option, but not found in any input file
..\..\43xxx_Wi-Fi\tools\ARM_GNU\Win32\bin\arm-none-eabi-objdump: section '.data' mentioned in a -j option, but not found in any input file
..\..\43xxx_Wi-Fi\tools\ARM_GNU\Win32\bin\arm-none-eabi-objdump: section '.aon' mentioned in a -j option, but not found in any input file
..\..\43xxx_Wi-Fi\tools\ARM_GNU\Win32\bin\arm-none-eabi-objdump: section '.pram_rodata' mentioned in a -j option, but not found in any input file
Call to puart_spar_crt_setup @ 0021581d
OK, made E:/WICED-Studio-6.4_SDK/20719-B1_Bluetooth/WICED/../build/puart-CYW920719Q40EVB_01-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20719B1-puart-rom-ram-spar.cgs. MD5 sum is:
Patch code starts at 0x00270400 (RAM address)
Patch code ends at 0x0027A518 (RAM address)
Patch RW/ZI size 2572 bytes
Application starts at 0x002155FC (RAM address)
Application ends at 0x0021581C (RAM address)
Patch code size 41240 bytes
Application RAM footprint 544 bytes
Total RAM footprint 3116 bytes (3.0kiB)
Converting CGS to HEX...
Creating OTA images...
OTA image footprint in NV is 62959 bytes
18:59:13 Build Finished (took 19s.180ms)
In the spectrum analyzer, the result would be show as follows when the trace mode set as Max Hold. (High definition image has been attached in the end)
Looking for your reply, thanks a lot.