CYW920706 supports Cypress SPI flashS25FL256S (256Mbit)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
yufac_3853381
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, everyone,

I have a problem with the CYW920706WCDEVAL development suite.The flash on the development board is MX25R4035F(capacity 4Mbit).You can download this program.When replaced with S25FL256S(cypress 256Mbi), cannot burn write.Here is the error message that reported the error.Similarly, I tried the recovery after appendix D, but the problem was still not solved.

| Power cycle the CYW920706WCDEVAL board and retry.                                        |

| If this problem persists, the serial flash on the board may be corrupted.                |

| Please see Appendix D in the Kit Guide for recovery instructions.                        |

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Download failed. This WICED platform of the SDK only supports download to 20706A2 device.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

We have only verified 4Mbit SF for 20706. 256Mbit Flash is not supported for this device.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

As I know, this flash is not compatible with CYW20706 cuttently. I will check if we have other way for you to use this flash.

0 Likes

Thank you for your support. I need to use FLASH with a capacity of 256Mbit. Do you have any recommendations?Do you have any special requirements for FLASH?Can you provide relevant reference procedures?

0 Likes

Hi,Owen:

The official model used for the board is MX25R4035F with a capacity of 4Mbit, which has been verified and can be burned. I selected a 256Mbit FLASH MX25L25645G from the MIXIC series, and I need to know whether CYW20706 has been verified to be a large-capacity FLASH that can support MXIC.

0 Likes

We have only verified 4Mbit SF for 20706. 256Mbit Flash is not supported for this device.