CYW20735 GPIO questions

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi:

when I read the CYW20735 datasheet. I find some GPIOs are not assigned to  detail Px, as  we know, CYW20735 have 40 gpios which we can use.

pastedImage_0.png

so  I want to  know the UART_CTS_N UART_RTS_N  UART_TXD  UART_RXD  SPI_MISO  SPI_MOSI  SPI_CSN   SPI_CLK ,these special functions IOs  are corresponding to Px , if these gpios can use another functions ,for example if the  UART_CTS_N  can use general GPIO, I can use HCI  uart function to download  firmware  if  I assign the UART_CTS_N as a generel gpio. now we use the third party CYW20735 module to develop bluetooth mesh devices ,and the number of IO pins  of  the  CYW20735  modules is too small . so  we have to use the HCI uart IOs as a general IOs ,however I  want to know if  I have configued  these HCI uart IOs to another function  and I can't  download the program by the gpios.

I wan to know if these special  GPIOs  functions have been configued as  corresponding  functions  in the bootloader, the user can't use these GPIOs as other function!

thanks!

mandy

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hi Mandy,

HCI UART pins are not recommended to use as normal GPIO pins.

It will effect the BT application functionalities as well as programming of chip.

Thanks,
Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hi Mandy,

HCI UART pins are not recommended to use as normal GPIO pins.

It will effect the BT application functionalities as well as programming of chip.

Thanks,
Anjana

0 Likes
mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi AnjanaM_61:

thanks!  I got it!

0 Likes