CYW20719: How to send/receive Scan Response packets?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two CYW20719 boards set up to be peers and exchange data using advertisements and scan response packets. Both are running the same code. They are set on active scanning, and when I scan, I can receive the advertisement packets, but I never receive any scan response packets from the other device. Whats needs to be done to send and receive scan response packets correctly?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response.

As it turned out, I was correctly setting the response data. The problem was that I was not using the correct advertising settings on the 'peripheral' device. It is necessary to start advertisements with the BTM_BLE_ADVERT_UNDIRECTED_HIGH setting (maybe low as well).

Nicholas

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Nicholas,

From the peripheral side, you can set the scan response packet by the API wiced_bt_ble_set_raw_scan_response_data (refer description in wiced_bt_ble.h ) .

On the Central side, there will be a call back function passed to wiced_bt_ble_scan (of type wiced_bt_ble_scan_result_cback_t).

In the wiced_bt_ble_scan_result_cback_t , the structure parameter  ble_evt_type of wiced_bt_ble_scan_results_t  will be BTM_BLE_EVT_SCAN_RSP for scan response data. And print the corresponding data received in the call back.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjana

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response.

As it turned out, I was correctly setting the response data. The problem was that I was not using the correct advertising settings on the 'peripheral' device. It is necessary to start advertisements with the BTM_BLE_ADVERT_UNDIRECTED_HIGH setting (maybe low as well).

Nicholas