CYW20706 view buffer data in handsfree demo code

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SoWa_4565226
Level 1
Level 1

I am using the CYW920706WCDEVAL board, and I want to see the buffer data that goes into the data in pin on the board. I loaded the hci.hands_free bluetooth demo code and attached a SPH0645 I2S microphone to it, but we are not getting the microphone to work so we thought it would help to see the data being transmitted.

How would I go about modifying the code in the snip.bt.hci_handsfree demo to view the buffer data?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi @SoWa_4565226 ,

Seems like this is related to thread CYW20706 and SPH0645LM4H MEMS microphone .

Please note in 20706 , only 16 bit data is supported for audio (PCM/I2S Clock setting in CYW20706 ) . Nothing above 16-bits is supported by the I2S hardware or FW.

Unfortunately , there is no option to access I2S buffer in application.

You may have to choose appropriate device which supports the I2S configuration of 20706 chip.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi @SoWa_4565226 ,

Seems like this is related to thread CYW20706 and SPH0645LM4H MEMS microphone .

Please note in 20706 , only 16 bit data is supported for audio (PCM/I2S Clock setting in CYW20706 ) . Nothing above 16-bits is supported by the I2S hardware or FW.

Unfortunately , there is no option to access I2S buffer in application.

You may have to choose appropriate device which supports the I2S configuration of 20706 chip.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjana

Is there a microphone you suggest that the CYW20706 chip supports? My teammates and I are doing a school design project and want microphone input, and we thought that I2S would be easiest. Would finding a PCM or PDM mic be better? We know there are a lot of mics out there, but not all of them have small breakout board options that we could test ourselves. If you have any suggestions for a mic, that would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes

Hi SoWa_4565226 ,

Please check the discussion on the other thread: CYW20706 and SPH0645LM4H MEMS microphone

Regards,

Anjana