CYW20706 and SPH0645LM4H MEMS microphone

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WeJi_4584096
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to build a Bluetooth headset with the CYW20706. I am new to PSoCs but I have been able to get the transducer output working via a DAC/AMP combo. However, we have been unable to get the our MEMS microphone to work consistently: https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20Sheets/Knowles%20Acoustics%20PDFs/SPH0645LM4H-B.pdf

I found out that the I2S clock is only ~512kHz whereas the mic requires 1.024 MHz to go into active mode (even though the spec sheet says it runs at 1.5 MHz or 2.4 MHz?) I found out another potential issue is that the CYW20706 only takes 16 bits while the microphone outputs 24 bits, however we should be getting some kind of noise at all times? The microphone does not output anything even when its output pin is not connected to the eval board's I2S input pin. However, sometimes we are able to get audio SOMETIMES by first physically floating the LRC and SEL pins on the mic, which creates some noise, then plugging both into VCC. Occasionally after the noise appears it is able to pick up human audio. We are stumped as to what the issue is as we cannot repeat this phenomenon. We are using HFP. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hi,

As you have already noticed, our device support 16 bits  data width. So you have to choose a compatible mic.

You may also refer : PCM/I2S Clock setting in CYW20706

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

13 Replies