CYW20706 - Concurrent advertisement of BLE and BR/EDR services

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoAs_3347326
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm using CYW920706WCDEVAL to create a prototype that provides two advertised services BLE and BR/EDR.  All the central would see during discovery is that there is a "BLE Device1" and "Class1" being advertised but it's coming from the same chip.  Is this possible?  Guidance and pointer to sample would greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
3 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received
0 Likes

Thanks for that pointer.  Yes, enabling privacy allowed it to work for Android where I could actually see both BLE and BR/EDR. But, it doesn't work for iOS at all.  This flag was generated BTM_BLE_BREDR_NOT_SUPPORTED but it didn't matter if the flag is set or not.  Setting these flags didn't matter either:

#define BTM_BLE_SIMULTANEOUS_DUAL_MODE_TO_SAME_DEVICE_CONTROLLER_SUPPORTED      (0x01 << 3)   /**< Simultaneous LE and BR/EDR to Same Device Capable (Controller). */

#define BTM_BLE_SIMULTANEOUS_DUAL_MODE_TO_SAME_DEVICE_HOST_SUPPORTED            (0x01 << 4)   /**< Simultaneous LE and BR/EDR to Same Device Capable (Host). */

All the samples in the SDK work as standalone single mode.  The WICED Studio generated code configured for "Dual Mode" as Peripheral doesn't show up at all in iOS.

0 Likes

The KBA specifically mentions instructions for Android, iOS behavior might differ. We have not yet tested this procedure on iOS. I will check & soon update you with more details.