CYBT-423028 Eval Board not detecting

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RaSa_4767806
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

Hello,

I am using CYBT-423028 eval board, and it was functioning properly, but now while flashing code from WICED Studio 6.4 i am getting message as board is not detected.

The only change i did is changed the system, switched from Desktop to laptop. there was no issue while working on Desktop. i have updated the platform files as mentioned in KBA 228518 and KBA223637 after installation WICED Studio 6.4 on laptop.

When i checked it on Desktop again, On desktop also started facing same issue. Tried disconnecting and connecting  USB cable on desktop then one of the board got detected and i could  able to flash the code (No success with other boards), but same board is not detecting on Laptop.

Following is the Screen shot of device manager. its saying USB to Serial driver is not installed. Is this a reason for not detection of board ?

Image.PNG

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi RaSa_4767806​,

Can you please check Appendix D here- https://community.cypress.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/14183-102-2-16032/002-18191_0C_V.pdf

Also, try unplugging the board and connecting to some other port. Make sure TeraTerm or other serial terminals are closed.

Try restarting the laptop once. Make sure your USB cable is not damaged.

FYR: CYBT-213043-MESH - Serial Port Not Detected

CYW920719Q40EVB-01 build and program problem- NO device Detected

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi RaSa_4767806​,

Can you please check Appendix D here- https://community.cypress.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/14183-102-2-16032/002-18191_0C_V.pdf

Also, try unplugging the board and connecting to some other port. Make sure TeraTerm or other serial terminals are closed.

Try restarting the laptop once. Make sure your USB cable is not damaged.

FYR: CYBT-213043-MESH - Serial Port Not Detected

CYW920719Q40EVB-01 build and program problem- NO device Detected

0 Likes
RaSa_4767806
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have tried the way as mentioned in Appendix D of https://community.cypress.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/14183-102-2-16032/002-18191_0C_V.pdf but could not able to detect.

One observation is that, When i flash the code from the desktop (on Which boards are working fine) and then if try to flash code from laptop, very first time device gets detected and could able flash the code also, but if i try further, every time I am getting the same error as board is not detected.

0 Likes

Have you checked the community threads I mentioned previously?

Please try re-installing drivers. I am not sure why you are facing such issue. Is it happening with other modules as well? Also, try using another laptop or port.

0 Likes
RaSa_4767806
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

Yes checked the community threads.

To check with Cypress programmer it would take some to get it installed.

I tried with another board, facing same issue. First time it detected and flashed the code, but after that started getting same error as with previous board.

after Installing USB to Serial driver (CypressDriverInstaller_1) issue still persist. Is there any other recommended driver which should be install other that CypressDriverInstaller_1 ?

0 Likes

Hi,

Now boards are detecting.

I have uninstalled and installed the WICED Studio twice, then its started detecting the device.

0 Likes