CYBT-423028-02 internal RTC time issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ns_4270701
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

hello ,
We are using CYBT-423028-02 module for one of our projects,
IDE: Wiced IDE
SDK: Wiced6.2 SDK

We have developed the custom PCB for the same, and due to size constraints, we have not used external RTC.
So we are using internal RTC for date-time with external 32Khz crystal with  10PF load capacitors.

This device has to run in dual mode(peripheral and central). It's a battery-operated device.
Normally it will be in central mode only. and we are not running it on low power mode, but we will implement it soon.

Queries:
1. how can we use the current date-time service, and how can we update a reference time to it?

2. Does internal RTC give the higher latency? We have tried configuring internal RTC and checked but it runs very slow, and its latency for time increases.

3. What if the module power source removed, and re-powered after some time so how can we sync with the current date-time?

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

Please check APIs listed in wiced_rtc.h to use RTC block. 

I hope you can use wiced_rtc_set_reference_time() to set the reference time. 

On complete power off and on, the RTC time may get mismatch, unless there is no power back up in form of a super capacitor or coin cell. To save the power you can put the chip to sleep modes (PDS or SDS) and RTC block will be ON during the sleep time.

I am not aware of the high latency. What is the clock (frequency) you have given in to the chip?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

Please check APIs listed in wiced_rtc.h to use RTC block. 

I hope you can use wiced_rtc_set_reference_time() to set the reference time. 

On complete power off and on, the RTC time may get mismatch, unless there is no power back up in form of a super capacitor or coin cell. To save the power you can put the chip to sleep modes (PDS or SDS) and RTC block will be ON during the sleep time.

I am not aware of the high latency. What is the clock (frequency) you have given in to the chip?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes