CYBT-353027-EZ EVAL-01 - Does it come with firmware in it?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
purplepig
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First solution authored

I have a CYBT-353027-EZ EVAL-01, I plug it in, it enumerates, I can open both COM ports with correct serial port settings.
I press the XRES button and expect to see the reboot string as specified in EZSERIAL docs, but nothing arrives. I send  a /ping on both ports but never get anything back. 

Do I need to use WICED STUDIO to program it in order to get started? I want to start to evaluate the module by sending it text commands to set it to do scans and connect to devices using both BTC and BLE, I thought that the eval board already came with this kind of firmware on it.

0 Likes
3 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi @purplepig ,

If you are using Ez-serial then you won't need WICED Studio or ModusToolbox to program the board. The CYBT-353027_eval comes with a default firmware. Please refer https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-serial-ez-ble-module-firmware-platform

FYI: https://community.cypress.com/t5/WICED-Studio-Bluetooth/Wrong-factory-firmware-on-CYBT-343026-01/m-p...

0 Likes
purplepig
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks, but if the default firmware is on the eval board, why do I never get a reboot string when I reset the module? 

I have downloaded 'ez_serial_cybt_353027_fw_image_1.2.27.27'. Is there any guide how to program the hex file into the module using WICED Studio or any other tool?

0 Likes
purplepig
Level 2
Level 2

I have now found that I get the BOOT string arrive at my terminal emulator if I unplug the eval board from USB and plug it in again. This is very strange because you would think the virtual COM port has been destroyed by unplugging the eval board. I never get the BOOT string when pressing XRES though! Why is that?

0 Likes