CYBT-353027-EVAL HCI controll

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PiDa_4597536
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Support,

I have problem with HCI protocol. WICED-STUDIO worked correctly but when i use RealTerm to make ping function, Module dont response.

I'm developing application to use Hands Free Profile with another MCU to controll functionality of headset.

When i press reset button module return as below.

1.png

2.png

Could you help me to make it possible?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Did you try to program the device in recover mode? Which is:

1. Pull SPI2_CS_N to VDD and Pull UART_CTS to GND

2. Power-cycle the module or reset the module with the Reset button

3. Release the Reset button

4. Release SPI2_CS_N and UART_CTS

Then the module will be in the recover mode and try to program it again.

You may refer to the following KBA for the details about recover mode: Programming an EZ-BT WICED Module – KBA223428

You can also use a module programmer to download the programm: WICED Module Programmer User Guide – KBA225060

If it still doesn't work, the flash in the module may be damaged because the wrong platform files during the programming before.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Please try to set the baud rate to 3000000 and send HCI Reset to see if there is a response.

The reset command is 01 03 0C 00.

Thank you for your response. Unfortunetly it isn,t working.

I tried to change baudrate but realtearm cant accept this value.

pastedImage_1.png

Then i tried to send reset frame, and system still isnt working.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Could you refer to the following blog to see if it can help: Run CYW20706 in HCI Mode

Also, please try to send the HCI command with cybluetool: CyBluetool (Windows Installer)

0 Likes

Thank you for this links. It will be very usefull.

I think i know where i did a mistake and examples cant upload to module. When i prapare my Wiced Studio 6.2 i badly make a configuration from this page:

Platform Files for CYBT-353027-EVAL – KBA223509

I reinstalled SDK with Wiced Studio 6.2 and I prepared again configuration again. Then i made my make command as below:

demo.hello_sensor-CYBT_353027_EVAL UART=7 download

But i cant upload code to module. I checked all suggestions and tried to make it again. Still I have the same comment.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

Did you try to program the device in recover mode? Which is:

1. Pull SPI2_CS_N to VDD and Pull UART_CTS to GND

2. Power-cycle the module or reset the module with the Reset button

3. Release the Reset button

4. Release SPI2_CS_N and UART_CTS

Then the module will be in the recover mode and try to program it again.

You may refer to the following KBA for the details about recover mode: Programming an EZ-BT WICED Module – KBA223428

You can also use a module programmer to download the programm: WICED Module Programmer User Guide – KBA225060

If it still doesn't work, the flash in the module may be damaged because the wrong platform files during the programming before.

0 Likes