CYBT-353027-02 EZ-Serial firmware

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WaZh_4062111
Level 1
Level 1

I am using the EZ-Serial firmware for this module and I'm having an issue where pairing connects to the BLE instead of BT-Classic. Is there anyway to disable BLE broadcast and pairing?

A second issue is that the BLE pairing shows A2DP option available when paired however I've looked through documentation and I cannot not find any reference to this service anywhere. Is there any way on disabling the A2DP function?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi

Regarding disabling A2DP : In next version, we will remove a2dp function or try set bt parameter with changing its device class, but there is no interface to disable it in current version.

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hello,

Not sure about disabling A2DP function.

For the pairing issue, could you please try referring to 3.6.1.4 Pairing with a random Passkey (BT Classic)  and 3.3 Cable Replacement Examples with SPP sections of user guide

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-serial-ez-ble-module-firmware-platform

Thanks,

Anjana

Hi

Regarding disabling A2DP : In next version, we will remove a2dp function or try set bt parameter with changing its device class, but there is no interface to disable it in current version.

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes

Thank you for that information.

Upon further debugging, I realized that it is the BT classic that shows A2DP function and not BLE. However when connecting to an Android device, the connection randomly chooses between BT classic or BLE. I had assumed the A2DP function that showed up was part of BLE but I was incorrect in that assumption. On a windows PC, I am able to choose between different connections and found the A2DP on BT classic.

0 Likes

Hi,

Yes, A2DP is on BT classic , not BLE.

Please refer to Ez-serial user guide for start advertise on BLE / BT

Thanks,
Anjana