CYBT 343026 EVAL data throughput evaluation when UART baudrate = 1000000

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SaEa_4705941
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi,

I am trying to evaluate the throughput of CYBT 343026  using the demo 'hci_audio_gateway'. I am using BTspy to get the time stamps of start and end of transmission. To send a data file, I am using the 'Client control' application.

I was able to get a throughput of 280.57 kbps when the baud rate = 115200. But I am unable to configure the Eval board to 1000000 baud rate using the Client control app as there are only limited baud rate options.  I am using the bluetooth terminal as the peer connected in SPP mode.

Please help me evaluate the throughput at baud rate = 1000000

Regards,

Se

0 Likes
1 Solution

Please use the hex mode for receive and send setting.

The send the command with the defination in doc/WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol.pdf

For example, the reset command should be 19 01 00 00 00 as the document said.

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

You can configure the HCI UART baudrate to 1000000 in wiced_transport_cfg_t and send the SPP packet through a UART tool on your computer such as "Serial Port Utility" or "Tera Term". The client control send the same command in the low level.

Please refer to the document doc/WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol.pdf about the HCI command packet format.

0 Likes

Hi XinghaoZ_26​,

Thank you for your response. As a start I configure the Hci_audio_gateway example to a baudrate of 115200. Using teraterm I opened the com port and seeing the below when pressing the reset button on the board.

pastedImage_0.pngpastedImage_0.png

Also I am unable to type anything on teraterm to be able to send to the board.  How can I enable the HCI communication over UART properly?

Regards,

Se

0 Likes

I suggest you to use the Serial Port Utility which is quite simple and friendly than tera term.

Also, please set the send and receive in Hex mode.

0 Likes

Hi XinghaoZ_26​,

In the Port utility also I am not getting any response from the Eval. Only response(random characters with broadcast ID) I am getting is only after pressing the reset button on the eval board. Am I missing something?

Regards,

Se

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Please use the hex mode for receive and send setting.

The send the command with the defination in doc/WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol.pdf

For example, the reset command should be 19 01 00 00 00 as the document said.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Hi XinghaoZ_26​,

Thanks, I am getting a response now.

I am new to this HCI over UART coms. COuld you please elaborate on how we interpret the commands for HCI.

Say if I want to read the bluetooth address of the module, in the HCI protocol pdf, it says the opcode is 0x0F. How we actually send this to the chip?

Thanks,

Se

0 Likes

As the doc says, the command and event should follow the format as follows:

pastedImage_0.png

Some definition in the document may not be accurate and you need to refer to the code in include/hci_control_api.h for the specific command and event.

The read bd address command should be organized as follows:

19 0F 00 00 00

19: command header

0F: Event Code for read local bluetooth device address

00: Group Code for the read address command which is defined in table 3-1 (defined in hci_control_api.h)

00 00: Parameter Length.

I tried it already and not getting any response when I sent it.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

I checked the demo/hci_audio_gateway. The read bd addr command is not defined in the application code. So you will get nothing for this command.

You can check the function void hci_control_device_handle_command( uint16_t cmd_opcode, uint8_t* p_data, uint32_t data_len ) in hci_control.c file.

Thank you XinghaoZ_26​ for your quick responses. I really appreciate that.

Regards,

Se

0 Likes