[CYBT-343026-01] Scan and Notify simultaneously

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
apbech
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I have a BLE sensor updating its manufacturer data to send the read values. This sensor is non-connectable and I'm trying to setup a CYBT-343026 to read the manuf data of the sensor and update a notify characteristic so the subscribed clients receive the data.

I've been looking for some examples inside the wiced github but weren't able to find anything useful.

Is the proposed solution possible? Or the chip is not able to change between observer and advertise?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

I understand your requirement partially. 

I believe, one of the examples given in the BT101 course will help you in implementing a appropriate role for the devices. Please check :-

https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/CypressAcademy_BT101_Files/tree/master/Projects/ch04d . 

If it is not helping you or you have further doubts, please let us know more details about your project (I prefer a diagram to represent the configurations).

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

I understand your requirement partially. 

I believe, one of the examples given in the BT101 course will help you in implementing a appropriate role for the devices. Please check :-

https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/CypressAcademy_BT101_Files/tree/master/Projects/ch04d . 

If it is not helping you or you have further doubts, please let us know more details about your project (I prefer a diagram to represent the configurations).

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi Dheeraj,

I will reply with a diagram shortly (Im using my phone right now).

I looked up the examples you gave me but they are not what im looking for. I understand they might not be an example of what I’m trying to develop but I need to know if its posible and just some guidance to start building my code.

Here is a more detailed explanation:

I have a sensor that is configured as “scannable not connectable” and updates his MANUF DATA to send the status of the sensor.

I made a simple windows app to perform a continuous BT/BLE scan and capture the sensor’s MANUF DATA. But I want to be able to connect and subscribe to a notification characteristic, this is why i’m trying to make the CYBT343026 be able to scan, capture the manuf data and publish it into a notification characteristic. 

I know how to perform scans and grab the manuf data and I also know how to setup a notify characteristic where the clients can subscribe to, but I don’t know how to run both simultaneously on the same chip.

I hope this explanation helps to understand my issue.

Thanks in advance,

Alvaro

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DheerajPK_41

Hi Alvaro,

Sorry for the inconvenience cause. We missed to address your query.

Could you please try the attached code? 

The device advertises so that you can connect to the mobile. And it observe advertisements (in your case sensors). Please let us know whether it works for you or not.

Thanks.

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I'm going to give the code a try and let you know if it works correctly.

- Alvaro

0 Likes