Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RyKi_1693141
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Hello, Cypress(Infineon) support team

Is there any difference in data transmission speed between Android and iOS devices when connected with the SPP protocol?

In the case of iOS, I am concerned that the speed of SPP communication will be slower due to the iAP (Apple's own protocol).

<Image>

pastedImage_0.png

Regards,

RyKi

0 Likes
1 Solution
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

The speed on iOS device might be a bit slower because of the additional header and the extra re-routing mechanism of iAP built over Bluetooth/RFCOMM.

But actually you can directly create Bluetooth connection to avoid iAP/iAP2/MFi. In this case you should experience no difference in SPP speed. See below:

analyzer - Apple External Accessory Protocol over iAP2 over Bluetooth low energe 4.0 - Stack Overflo...

Best regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

The speed on iOS device might be a bit slower because of the additional header and the extra re-routing mechanism of iAP built over Bluetooth/RFCOMM.

But actually you can directly create Bluetooth connection to avoid iAP/iAP2/MFi. In this case you should experience no difference in SPP speed. See below:

analyzer - Apple External Accessory Protocol over iAP2 over Bluetooth low energe 4.0 - Stack Overflo...

Best regards

0 Likes
RyKi_1693141
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Hello Cypress(Infineon) support team,

I understood that the speed may be a bit slower on iOS devices due to the extra re-routing mechanism of iAP.

Thanks again for the additional information.

I guessed that this is a statement about BLE. Since the customer will be using SPP in Classic, I don't think they will consider BLE to avoid iAP/iAP2/MFi.

Regards,

RyKi

0 Likes