CYBT-333032 / cannot write firmware

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaYa_3009166
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hello Cypress,

Firmware cannot be written to some of our products.

After release from hardware reset, there is no response after HCI_RESET command.

Upon analysis, it was found that strange data was written in the internal flash memory of CYBT-333032.

We try put it in recovery mode by connecting SPI2_MOSI pin and GND, and erased the internal flash memory, there is response after HCI_RESET command, and firmware can be written.

But our products has no circuit to enter recovery mode. Because according to the CYBT-333032 datasheet, SPI2_MOSI pin is no connect pin.

Is the blank state of the built-in flash memory not guaranteed at the time of shipment?

Is a circuit required to enter recovery mode?

Thanks,

Manabu

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi MaYa_3009166 San,

Q: Please let me confirm, is the blank state of the built-in flash memory not guaranteed at the time of shipment?

A: No, the module will be programmed with Ez-Serial platform FW . For any other specific requests, you may have to contact our marketing or local FAE team with project and opportunity details.

Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello MaYa_3009166 San,

Yes , it is recommended to have Recovery procedure . That is the only way we can ensure that the chip is in download mode.

Please refer to below references :

Programming an EZ-BT WICED Module – KBA223428

WICED Module Programmer User Guide – KBA225060

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes

Hello Anjana San,

I think it should be written in the data sheet...

(according to the CYBT-333032 datasheet, SPI2_MOSI pin is NO connect pin)

Since it is controlled from the host microcomputer, we use a MOSFET to connect SPI2_MOSI to GND.

Please let me confirm, is the blank state of the built-in flash memory not guaranteed at the time of shipment?

Thanks,

Manabu

0 Likes

Hi MaYa_3009166 San,

Q: Please let me confirm, is the blank state of the built-in flash memory not guaranteed at the time of shipment?

A: No, the module will be programmed with Ez-Serial platform FW . For any other specific requests, you may have to contact our marketing or local FAE team with project and opportunity details.

Regards,

Anjana