Bluetooth Mesh

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

In light of yesterday's announcement, are you guys going to support Bluetooth Mesh in future versions of WICED SDK 2, and if so, do you have a rough idea when support for it will come out?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I am not aware of any plans to support the Bluetooth Sig version of Mesh within the 20732/36/37, which are supported in the WICED Smart 1.x and 2.x SDKs respectively.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
21 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I am not aware of any plans to support the Bluetooth Sig version of Mesh within the 20732/36/37, which are supported in the WICED Smart 1.x and 2.x SDKs respectively.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bluetooth MESH will be/is supported in WICED Studio. Mesh solutions are available for CYW20735 in WICED 5.1. The support will extend to CYW20719 and CYW20706 in the upcoming Studio releases.

0 Likes

Note that the CYW20735 is not a Broad Market device, so you will need to work directly with Cypress Sales to establish an engagement.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update!

Just to clarify, it seems like CYW20735 is not part of the CYW20732/CYW20736/CYW20737 WICED Smart family, is it?

0 Likes

Architecturally, it's closer to the 20719.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi:

Is there any SDK for developing CYW20735?

I've tried several versions of WICED but it seems like 20735 is not in the support list.

0 Likes

The CYW20735 is not supported within the broad market or within the broad market SDK provided here on the Community.

For development tool and technical support, please work with the local Cypress/Distribution team that enabled you as an early adopter on this platform.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mifo:

I'm so confused. I've been instructed by the FAE (debbyyeh_1726476) (ALLTEK, Taiwan) to download the special WICED SDK which supports CYW20735. Is there any step I missed to download the SDK? Please stop wasting my time (I was instructed to downloaded all versions from the download tags, and try to install each by each; well, like a fool).

It is really frustrating...

If it is the OFFICIAL attitude of Cypress to treat customers who want to try and use his/her chips, I think "we" have no choice but selecting chips from other brands.

If you guys do NOT want to sell CYW20735 to potential customers, please tell the customers DIRECTLY. The download-and-try-and-fail game is NOT funny.

0 Likes

I apologize for your frustration, but I assure you that the broad market SDK here on the community does not support the CYW20735. Sine this device is not in  the broad market, normally someone from Cypress will provide to you a key that will unlock the early adopter platforms within the SDK. Tell the Alltek FAE to go back to Cypress sales/marketing in the region and ask for specific guidance. They were incorrect in referring you to the public forum for support on an early adopter device.

debbyyeh_1726476

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mifo:

Thank you for your quick response; I really appreciate~

Another problem is that it is really hard to contact the FAE (I tried many many times via mobile phones, office phones etc... it seems like they are very very rare to answer calls or emails). They just do NOT response, what can we do ?

I still believe it is the problem of the agent, not the problem of Cypress. But I also realize that Cypress will get better if she/he knows the real status of the agents when they are facing potential customers.

Can you help to offer me other agents in Taiwan (like Arrow etc) and FAE's so I can get the appropriate SDK as soon as possible?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update??

0 Likes

The individual that manages distribution for us in APAC is looking into this with Alltek.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many days will you guys need to process a simple SDK release?

I can smell Bureaucracy all around this.

0 Likes

I will ask our person in APAC to respond. You are reading into this beyond what exist. The distributor made a mistake engaging with this product without the consent of the business unit. The CYW20735 is supported outside of the broad market, so there is a different path for support once CY agrees to engage.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you~

We just want to make sure whether 20735 can be used or not.

If it is not suitable for some reason, we can switch to other chips.

We prefer 20735 because our model uses 20730 and we hope a smooth evolution from 20730 to 20735.

But if in any reason 20375 cannot be used, then we will switch to other chips.

Meanwhile it will be great if there is another more responsible distributor to co-work.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry to bother you,may I consult you about the situation of availability of 20735,because I also have a project that needs to use it.

0 Likes

We are evaluating the release of the 20735 now into the broad market, but no date has been set.

We have a module partner named ITON with a module based on the 20735 (BB2735-60), so you may want to reach out to them directly.

allen_sziton.com is the point of contact I show in your region.

wchapehe

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi:

In brief just try other chips.

By my experience only few SPECIAL (i.e., big volume or ... you know) customers of theirs can access the magic SDK, so do not waste you time to wait their evaluation (they have been "evaluating" for several years already.)

Hope it helps.

0 Likes

There is an early adopter SDK available which contains a handful of additional chips not currently supported in the broad market.  You local Cypress FAE can help enable you with the file/process needed to unlock these platforms during install. 20735 is not yet supported in the broad market version, but is under evaluation for such as it is already supported in the early adopter version.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the SDK support HID and HOGP already?

0 Likes
peng_peyton_h_1
Employee
Employee
First like received

HID and HOGP is supported.