Audio gateway with Airpods HFP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PrYa_4592711
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted

Hello,

I am using WICED SDK 6.4 on 20706 based module, integrated Audio Gateway based on the hci_audio_gateway demo app. When testing with Airpods, I see SCO session is terminated whenever user takes out the non-default earbud (headset). It appears this device has an implicit "default" earbud (of the pair in Airpods) where the SCO (and RING) is delivered. When user takes out the other (non-default) earbud first from the charging case, on the Audio Gateway we are seeing a break in SCO, with the event BTM_SCO_DISCONNECTED_EVT. As long as user takes out the "default" earbud first from the charging case, the connection stays and HFP works fine.

Any clue what may be going on here? Is there a recommendation to interface with such headsets of wireless earbuds?

Thankyou
Praveen

0 Likes
9 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

In the function hci_control_ag_rfcomm_do_close in file hci_control_ag_rfcomm, could you try to change the parameter from FALSE to TRUE in API wiced_bt_rfcomm_remove_connection( p_scb->rfc_conn_handle, TRUE).

0 Likes

Tried that parameter, unfortunately it didn't improve.
Documentation on that API states that param will be applicable for server only. Implementation of start_server() is not creating new connection if server handle is non-zero, due to that this became worse, but I have corrected that part. However the original issue is not improved.

0 Likes

We need some HCI log and OTA log for further debug.

Could you try the WICED SDK 6.0 for a quick test first? WICED Studio Wi-Fi/Combo Docs & Downloads

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Attached the hci trace, it is a btsnoop log (HCI). Ignore the frame time stamp in the log. I have performed the mute and unmute while the earbuds are still in the case. SCO was established, we play voice tones during the mute/unmute. After the unmute operation I have attempted to take out the non-default earbud and the SCO gets disconnected.

0 Likes

XinghaoZ, Where can I find just the SDK6.0? I am afraid the installers are also bringing in IDE (eclipse and related). Is there a tar ball or zip of just the SDK, can you please point?

Thankyou
Praveen

0 Likes

Yes, the installers are with the IDE. You don't need to uninstall the WICED 6.4. Just install the 6.0 in another folder.

WICED-Studio 6.0.0 Installer (Windows)

0 Likes

XinghaoZ, One more question, the SDK6.0 doesn't have the platform files for CYBT_353027_EVAL, where do I get a copy that is tested with this SDK?

0 Likes

You can find the platform files here:Platform Files for CYBT-343026-EVAL – KBA221025

0 Likes

Hi XinghaoZ, Are those platform files compatible with the 353027 module? When building, should I target the module 343026?
The documentation in the zip mentioned the minimum version of WICED studio as 6.1.0.85 or later.

To verify I attempted to build a copy of the demo for 343026, get an error.

"D:\\WICED-Studio-6.0\\20706-A2_Bluetooth\\make.exe" demo.audio.hci_audio_gateway-CYBT_343026_EVAL download

Compiling platform.c

make.exe[1]: *** No rule to make target '../../Platforms/CYBT_343026_EVAL/.cgs', needed by '../../build/hci_audio_gateway-CYBT_343026_EVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20703A2-hci_audio_gateway-rom-ram-spar.cgs'.  Stop.

make: *** [demo.audio.hci_audio_gateway-CYBT_343026_EVAL] Error 2

Makefile:524: recipe for target 'demo.audio.hci_audio_gateway-CYBT_343026_EVAL' failed

21:40:16 Build Finished (took 7s.65ms)

0 Likes