hello-client switch to slaves after smartphone connectes (con't)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi jamesle1

Per this previously closed thread: hello-client switch to slaves after smartphone connectes

New updates from the developers, why the handle starts with 0x41 instead of 0x40?

How many connections can be open, if the index starts with 1 instead of 0? Can  there be only 7 connections at the same time?

david_armour

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Matthias,

The index starting point is not important.

The maximum connections are 8.

Thanks

JT

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there.

This is the response that I got:

Handle is always unique.  For single connection it can be 0x40 or 0x41. hello_client just references control block based on con_handle - 0x40 which can happen to be [0] or [1].

By default 20736/20737 supports 4 connections which can be bumped to 6 by calling

blecm_setmaxconnection(6);

As for the second comment, one of the members in our team actually made connections with 8 peripherals before, which I think is the limit with Bluetooth low energy devices. But I heard from the developers that the more connections that you have, the more flaky the connections will be. So maybe keep the connection to between 4 or 6?

I hope this helps. Thanks.

James.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi jamesle1

But if I set max connection to 6, I can really connect 6 devices even with index starting from 1 instead 0?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Matthias,

The index starting point is not important.

The maximum connections are 8.

Thanks

JT

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JT,

Thank you very much.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Matthias,

You are quite welcome.

Let us know if you run into other issues.

Thanks

JT

0 Likes