bleprofile_notifyAdvPacketTransmissions doesn't work (con't)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a continuation to this thread: Re: bleprofile_notifyAdvPacketTransmissions doesn't work.

I'm using SDK 2.2.1 and "advertisement_packet_transmission" is not called in some of my programs.

Seems like some bugs are still inside "bleprofile_notifyAdvPacketTransmissions"

After this line of code is executed, the behavior of my WICED Sense will become weird for the next few downloads and become so difficult to get paired.

1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried it out only on WICED Sense.

Now, I have decided not to use that library anymore because I got a workaround for my application.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Can you test out your code following the procedures given by mwf_mmfae on a tag3 and see how far you go?

bleprofile_notifyAdvPacketTransmissions doesn't work.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is Taka,

boont suggest to see the procedures and code from mwf_mmfae, that's my question, and there is no code from mwf_mmfae at all.

At the last of the procedures, arvinds said there is a bug at SDK2.1.1 and he suggest to update to SDK2.2.1. I havn't update my SDK yet.

prayook use SDK2.2.1 and it sounds still the bug is in the SDK.

I think we can not use "additional_advertisement_control.a" because of the bug and it's not fixed yet.

I already gave up to use the function...

I think Broadcom have to make software document.

0 Likes
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Have you got a chance to try out your code on the tag3?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried it out only on WICED Sense.

Now, I have decided not to use that library anymore because I got a workaround for my application.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So is the "correct answer" that this API is still broken in SDK 2.2.1 and will not be fixed?

If that is the case, is there a sample application that describes how this is done with Wiced Sense?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add FYI...

I also attempted to use this new SDK 2.2.1 feature some time ago and found it gave strange behavior and not the result I expected.  Similar to what you described.  I was interersted to try it for some reason, but it was not a must-have, so when it didn't seem to work I moved on to other things.

0 Likes