cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Smart Bluetooth

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I set 1500 as fine_timer_interval of BLE_PROFILE_CFG, appFineTimerCb is called every 1 sec.

Is 1000 maximum value for this timer?

I have another question.

The difference between normal timer and fine timer is only resolution.

Is my understanding correct?

Id like to have detailed API documents.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
I confirmed with the developers that setting the fine timer to anything larger than 1500 will result in 1 callback per second. 

The reasonable values for this setting are 12-1000.

In addition, the Bluetooth LE stack supports two free running timers.  The normal timer has a resolution of one second while the fine timer can be configured in the device configuration to be as low as 12 milliseconds.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
With reference to your request, which of the included profiles are you working with when attempting to set the fine timer value to 1500ms?

I ask because in certain profiles like the ROM based Blood_Pressure_Monitor_Plus, the value is set to 1000ms for fine_timer_interval (below)

BLE_PROFILE_CFG blebpm_mod_cfg =

{

/*.fine_timer_interval            =*/ 1000, // ms

However, in looking through other ROM based profiles like Proximity_Plus and Health_Thermometer_Plus, the value is set to 500ms per the comments in BLE_PROFILE_CFG.

The only API documentation available is linked within the SDK install under DocAPIindex.html

There was only a limited amount of information available on the timers, so I will ask the software team and get back to you with an answer.

Specifically, related to fine_timer_interval I will ask the question whether or not the difference between this timer and the normal timer based on resolution only.
0 Likes
MichaelF_56
I confirmed with the developers that setting the fine timer to anything larger than 1500 will result in 1 callback per second. 

The reasonable values for this setting are 12-1000.

In addition, the Bluetooth LE stack supports two free running timers.  The normal timer has a resolution of one second while the fine timer can be configured in the device configuration to be as low as 12 milliseconds.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you.
0 Likes