WsRsaSign.exe can't run in Win7 64bit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am testing OTAFU, when I want to sign the SOTAFu Image, my PC is in Win7 64bit, and I can't find the WsRsaSign.exe with Win7 64bit, there is only a folder Win32, when I try to run the WsRsaSign.exe in folder Win32, it stop working, so I want to ask if this command can run in Win64? or I have to run it in Win32?

My SDK is 2.2.1.

Thanks. !

0 Likes
1 Solution
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

We are not aware of any reported issue on win7 64 bit machines.

I urged you to review the OTA process from the below blog, paying particular attention to the "Sign SOTAFU Image" section as well as the syntax of this executable file. Let us know your findings.

WICED Smart BCM92073X OTA Firmware Upgrade (1)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

We are not aware of any reported issue on win7 64 bit machines.

I urged you to review the OTA process from the below blog, paying particular attention to the "Sign SOTAFU Image" section as well as the syntax of this executable file. Let us know your findings.

WICED Smart BCM92073X OTA Firmware Upgrade (1)

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The best document for Secure Over the Air Transfers is here: WICED Secure Over-the-Air Firmware Upgrade Application Note (SDK 2.1 and TAG3 Board)

This document however does not differentiate between x32 and x64 signing using WsRsaSign.exe, so at this point I'd assume the x32 version of the tool should would for either OS.  We will need to check with the developers to verify this assumption is true.

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

kyln

I just asked one of the developers about using the x32 tool under x64 Windows and they ran a test under x64 Windows; it worked as designed with no issues.

Couple of tips:

• Make sure you run the utility from a command prompt
  • Make sure that the correct parameters are entered
    • If the wrong parameters are entered, the tool displays the usage and then crashes on exit
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for you reply,

I find I made a mistake in using this command, and now it works well in Win64, I could run a full OTA process.

0 Likes

Excellent. Thanks for updating the thread.

0 Likes