Wiced-sense compass on iOS/Android 90 degrees difference

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello !

I'm testing wiced-sense with the iOS and Android applications provided by Broadcom and noticed that they have 90 degrees indication difference:

- With iOS application connect to the wiced-sense and position the compass to around 0 degree.

- With Android (just after iOS disconnect and see back the wiced-sense in advertsement mode) connect and you can see the compass showing around 90 degrees.

Also I tried to connect simultaneous both iOS and Android to the same wiced-sense but it seems that only one connection is allowed. Is this by design or more than one device should be able to connect to the same wiced-sense at the same time ?

Cheers !

0 Likes
1 Solution
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

There is a bug in the iOS app and we are currently working to update that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee

I noticed this too. We will consult the factory on this issue.

0 Likes

i just bought my wiced sense 2. I've installed the android app suggested on the quick start guide.

WICED Sense - Android Apps on Google Play

It works, but the compass is not rotating all the angles as it should, it only has a limited azimuth range.

Also the RH reading is higher than the real one.

I'm not sure this android app was intended to work with wiced sense 2, but it was suggested on the quide.

Wiced sense 2 has a different eCompass device to wiced sense 1...

Thank you for reading.

Fabry

0 Likes
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee

There is a bug in the iOS app and we are currently working to update that.

0 Likes