Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Smart Bluetooth

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using BCM920737TAG board for software development. I did configured puart port and sending data on Tx. I am capturing data by using Saleae logic analyzer and I observed that some times the data has framing error. Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution
ArvindS_76
Employee

Peripheral UART (SPI1, SPI2, I2C) is (are) shutdown in sleep. So the application has to disable sleep during the time data is being transmitted/received. See puart.h for a couple of macros that can be used to determine if the RX/TX FIFOs have data.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ArvindS_76
Employee

Do you have a screenshot of this? Are you seeing data errors when you connect a terminal application? What baud rate are you using? Do you have some sample code that can be used to reproduce this?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have disabled sleepmode in uart_init function and it started working fine. If it is transmitting and device enters in to sleepmode, it looks like it delays the remaining bits. Is it correct?

0 Likes
ArvindS_76
Employee

Peripheral UART (SPI1, SPI2, I2C) is (are) shutdown in sleep. So the application has to disable sleep during the time data is being transmitted/received. See puart.h for a couple of macros that can be used to determine if the RX/TX FIFOs have data.

View solution in original post