WICED Smart SDK - How to select a platform

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiVa_4337911
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hi,

I am following the guide "Getting Started with EZ-BLE WICED Modules" (https://www.cypress.com/file/396961/download), Part 1: Configure the Design (p. 20 to p.25). I installed the CYBLE_013025_EVAL platform files correctly (in the document it is installed after creating the code, p.23 - p.24), but I got the make target as "find_me-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download" the guide says it will be "find_me-CYBLE_013025_EVAL" instead. The guide doesn't provide any other information about how they changed the platform after installing the necessary platform files. Since I didn't see any option to select a platform I can't can't change the platform or make target.

How can I select a platform in WICED Smart SDK 2.2.3?

My LED blinking is not changing with the alert levels (completed "Part 2: Write the Firmware" of the guide), I think the problem is with the incorrect platform selected.

Thanks in advance.

NV

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes, you can edit the original make target. Or copy and past to create a new one.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

The platform files are located in WICED-Smart-SDK/Platforms. You can select the platform by edit the make target. For example, target "hello_sensor-BCM920736TAG_Q32 download" means you select the platform BCM920736TAG_Q32.

If you are using the CYBLE-013025 EVAL board, you need to add the platform files refering the KBA here: Platform Files for CYBLE-013025-EVAL - KBA220379

0 Likes

Did you mean renaming (right click -> edit) the make target "find_me-BCM920737TAG_Q32" to "find_me-CYBLE_013025_EVAL"?

0 Likes

Yes, you can edit the original make target. Or copy and past to create a new one.

0 Likes