WICED Smart SDK 2.2 has been released...

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Changes for WICED Smart SDK version 2.2

• Added support for WICED Sense evaluation kit
  • Added new sample application for:
    • puart_control (exercise BLE functionality controlled by MCU over UART)
  • Bug fixes

All versions of the SDK are now available in the Documents and Downloads section here: WICED Smart Documents & Downloads

0 Likes
1 Solution

I am republishing these now.  The Mac and .z files are updated, but the Windows installer is taking some time (500MB). 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
PhGi_2174146
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

It looks like the Windows and Mac version of 2.2 have been pulled.  When will they be available again?

0 Likes

I am republishing these now.  The Mac and .z files are updated, but the Windows installer is taking some time (500MB). 

0 Likes
legic_1490776
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 10 likes received First like received

Can you provide any more detailed summary on particular bugs that are fixed in 2.2?

I tried it quickly but I am wondering if it is worth doing a new round of power testing before using it in a production build.

0 Likes

Unfortunately we do not have access to the low level details for the bugs that were fixed.

I can tell you that firmware tweaks were made which allowed the part to perform more inline with the power numbers posted in the datasheet and pass regulatory.

I recommend moving to SDK 2.2 if you can.

0 Likes

The first thing I noticed was the boot time increased 3x - consuming 34 mAS of energy vs about 10 previously, which had me worried that there might be other changes.

However perhaps the other changes reduce the power elsewhere in the application.

Does SDK 2.1.1 sometimes not pass regulatory for the 20736?  We haven't had our design tested yet.

0 Likes

I cannot say for sure, but I know firmware changes were needed in this area. The addition of the WICED Sense project was another big addition for 2.2.

santol

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Idgirod,

How did you measure the boot time? Could you tell me the exact boot time?

I roughly measured the boot time, which is around 2 seconds (is it too large?), but I don't know the accurate time.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi noalec,

I did not measure it carefully. I just observed the length of time from

when the board is powered or comes out of reset, to when the application

starts running.

If you look at the current draw over time you will see a long period of

high draw when it is loading the firmware image out of eeprom, this where

the delay comes from

On May 29, 2015 6:14 PM, "noalac" <communities-list@community.broadcom.com>

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Idgirod,

Thanks for your reply.

I just posted a new question about this issue. Here is the link

Boot Time of WICED Smart Tag Board (BCM20737)

I described how I measured the boot time in this question. I can see the current draw when the board is booting, but I try to measure the time correctly.

I don't whether it is related with the SDK version or not, but I can try different versions.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

WICED smart SDK couldn't install in windows 10.

0 Likes

Unfortunately, Windows 10 did not exist when we released this version of the SDK, so I'm assuming that we did not test on this platform.

I will talk to the SVT team about testing on Windows 10 for the next release of the SDK.

0 Likes

You might want to take a look at this post on Stack Overflow as well: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31729714/just-installed-windows-10-and-eclipse-no-more-starts

Apparently this is an issue with Windows 10/Eclipse?

0 Likes