WICED Sense Kit MAC Address

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two WICED Sense Kit tags and I'm working on a Smart Tag firmware that acts as the central device for the tags.

Unfortunately, I've found that I can't connect to both Sense Kits because they have the same MAC address: 620737654321 (the part number + "654321").

Do all the available tags advertise the same address? Is there a way to upgrade my existing tags to use unique MAC addresses?

Thanks,

-Tom

0 Likes
1 Solution
MiTo_1583836
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi Tom,

Take a look at the blog here, this may help you with your current question:

BD_ADDR - how do you get one?

Also here:

BD_ADDR: Changing your Board Address for Development and Production

View solution in original post

8 Replies
MiTo_1583836
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi Tom,

Take a look at the blog here, this may help you with your current question:

BD_ADDR - how do you get one?

Also here:

BD_ADDR: Changing your Board Address for Development and Production

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, that doesn't help. The IDE can't reprogram my Sense Kits because they appear to be on A0 Silicon. Do you have a tool that will let me reprogram them? Are the Sense Kits currently being sold all programmable by the IDE?

Thanks.

0 Likes

The WICED Sense kits use A1 silicon for sure.

I have seen this error within the IDE several times on the TAG3 board (also A1 silicon), and it normally means I need to hit the reset switch again because the part is in Application mode as opposed to Programming mode (as determined by the state of the HCI UART Rx line).

You should be able to program the WICED Sense eval kit using SDK 2.2, but you will need to load the Silicon Labs USB to Serial drivers first as this one uses a different USB to serial chip as compared to the full featured TAG3 development kit.

There are a few threads on this subject.  Do a quick search on 'Silicon Labs' and the link should come up...

j.t

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still no joy.

-> I've got the Silicon Labs USB to UART drivers and I can connect Coolterm to the primary COM port (obviously I'm not leaving the coolterm session connected while trying to download the image)

-> I've certainly made sure to reset the device before downloading, so it isn't in app mode

-> I've tried recovery as well, including using the BOOT button to put the device in recovery mode

-> I've reviewed all the comments on the blog and all the "Silicon Labs" tagged forum posts

Still seeing "download failed". What else have you got?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, walking that back a bit.

One tag worked right away. The other is still no joy. Can't seem to recover it, either.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tom,

Did you see any errors when you went through the recovery process on the WICED Sense Kit?

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, just the generic "unable to recover platform".

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tom

I updated the Recovery Process to provide a bit more clarity.

Please remember that the SiLabs device instantiates 2 Ports and you should both if either one fails for the recovery process.

Hope this helps.

JT

0 Likes