WICED SMART Explorer is now available on Google Play....

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

WICED SMART Explorer - Android Apps on Google Play

Broadcom's WICED SMART(TM) Explorer lets you explorer and interact with a variety of Bluetooth Smart devices.

This app allows you to scan for connectable Bluetooth Smart (LE) devices in the area, explore their services and characteristic and interact with a variety of Bluetooth profiles and services.

Together with Broadcom's WICED SMART™ Software Development Kit, it eases development effort and simplifies the implementation of wireless connectivity in an array of consumer, medical, fitness and home automation devices, especially those without existing support for networking.

Works on Android 4.3+ Devices that support Bluetooth Smart (ex. Nexus 5, Nexus 7 etc.).

WSE1.pngWSE2.png

13 Replies
joki_2146851
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like received First like given

Is it possible to get the source code for this on android as it would serve as a great example. Perhaps there is other source code for android that exists (sorry if I missed it, searched looking for android).

0 Likes

SDK version 2.0 (release in late March) will provide samples (Hello Client for now, maybe others?) for iOS and Android, which will include source code.  Unfortunately, there is no plan to release source code for this version of LE Explorer.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this tool have Win7 version? (ON PC)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't see WICED SMART Explorer on google play.

I have an HTC one with Android 4.3, which does support BLE (there are other apps which connect to the WICED smart devkit, for example "BLE Scanner")

Is it gone, or will it not install on HTC one for some reason?

0 Likes

I have the same problem

Joel Kindem

Sent from my Sprint phone.

0 Likes

I don't have an Android phone, so I cannot verify that I see the App via the handset interface.

However, if I search Google Play via the browser, it shows up.

We are checking internally to see if the distribution can be limited based on device.

More to follow.

0 Likes

Update: We've made adjustments to the play store settings and all Android phones supporting version 4.3 (i.e. HTC) should now work.

We had someone test internally and they were able to download the WICED BLE Explorer.

0 Likes

I have a Samsung S4 phone running Android 4.3 and I do see the WICED Explorer application on the Play Store.  Search for WICED.

Note:  After installing/running it... the application states it is "Loading".  Don't be fooled, it is actually searching for nearby BLE devices...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

wiced-smart-incompatible.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

My cellphone have Android 4.1.2   ,  help me please!

0 Likes

Your phone needs to be running Android 4.3 or higher.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I'll get one, thanks for answering.

And by the way I'm a Linux enthusiast and I didn't like the Removal of the: "Appendix C: “Using WICED Smart SDK With Eclipse on Linux.”

Anyway I'll give it a try on Linux.

0 Likes

WICED-Smart-SDK-2.1.1 (.7z Archive)

This .7z version of the WICED™ SMART SDK can be integrated with an existing Eclipse installation on Windows, Linux or MAC OS.

0 Likes