Update on RSA and/or app note for BCM20737?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates on the availability of an app note and/or example app demonstrating the RSA capabilities of the BCM20737?

In the absence of an app note, I do have a couple questions on how RSA is implemented.  What's the recommended approach to store the private key?  The 20737's NVRAM is external and insecure with nothing to prevent someone from extracting a private key stored within.  If the private key is stored in RAM then a new key pair must be generated each time the part is reset or emerges from deep sleep (HIDOFF).  Can anyone comment?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

andrew997

First off, I wanted to note that the Secure OTA Feature leverages the RSA Library, so the library is indeed functional.

However, you are correct - a private key cannot be securely stored in the 20737.

Thanks

JT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

andrew997

First off, I wanted to note that the Secure OTA Feature leverages the RSA Library, so the library is indeed functional.

However, you are correct - a private key cannot be securely stored in the 20737.

Thanks

JT

0 Likes