Unable to (re) program BCM20736

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two boards containing 736 sips that I am unable to program.  I'm pretty sure that hardware is not the problem as I've been working with these for some time now and have always been able to flash them without incident.  I think it is entirely due to firmware as they stopped responding after I flashed a 737 image onto them this morning (I updated to the 2.1.1 sdk and when I created new targets I didn't update the platform string).  The firmware had not been previously tested and I am not confident that it was bug-free.

In any event, would a bad image and/or firmware cause a sip to suddenly stop responding to programming attempts (normal and recovery)?  The rx line is high at power up and it looks like the process is trying to start but the chip never responds.  I am not seeing any advertisements from the board.  We are running the SIP at 1.8V and the chip has power and the reset line is not pulled.

I programmed both boards using the exact same setup so I know they were detected and were accepting commands.

image16177.png

image6326.png

1 Solution

OK, try this sequence:

0. Remove UART connection to PC

1. Short SDA to GND

2. Power up the chip and wait for a couple of seconds or so.

3. Remove SDA to GND short.

4. Connect HCI UART for programming.

5. Try downloading with -NODLMINIDRIVER

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies