Trace Decoding Error - Could not find line number 314

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoSu_1330331
Level 2
Level 2
5 likes given First like received First like given

In the Consol Debug Viewer, there is a message, "Trace Decoding Error - Could not find line number 314", appear by app of "hello_sensor" example code.

Another app such as "automation_io_server" or "heart_rate_monitor" are all appear with this message.

It show out after function call, "..._create()", executed completely. Simply, It's no way to trace back or debug it. 

So, at this moment, I don't know how to find the reason out.

Even create a new APP by 'WICED Smart Designer" appeared with the message.

Have you know:

What is its bad effect?

How could we tracking the reason? and,

How to solve it?

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Joy Sun

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Thanks for your help.
1. Upgrate to new release,SDK223, from SDK222.
    My APP does not have the trouble message again.

But,

The new created APP under SDK223 without any modification, just generated by the "WICED bluetooth designer", still has the error message.

The app example, "hello_sensor", comming with SDK223 still has the error message.

2. Both SDK, SDK223 & SDK222, have correct function, "void application_setup(void)", in file, "Wiced-Smart\spar\common\sparinit.c".

3. After "clean" command execution, both apps, new created and "hello_sensor", still have the error message.

Best Regards,

Joy Sun

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

I am using SDK223 and tag3, but I cannot reproduce your issue. Did you ensure the following?

void application_setup(void)

{

// Initialize Spar here.

extern UINT8 *bleapp_sram_addr;

bleapp_sram_addr = (UINT8 *)0x200000;

bleapp_pre_init = application_init;

BLE_APP_ENABLE_TRACING_ON_HCI_UART();

found in WICED-Smart-SDK\Wiced-Smart\spar\common\sparinit.c?

Do a "clean" and try again.

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Thanks for your help.
1. Upgrate to new release,SDK223, from SDK222.
    My APP does not have the trouble message again.

But,

The new created APP under SDK223 without any modification, just generated by the "WICED bluetooth designer", still has the error message.

The app example, "hello_sensor", comming with SDK223 still has the error message.

2. Both SDK, SDK223 & SDK222, have correct function, "void application_setup(void)", in file, "Wiced-Smart\spar\common\sparinit.c".

3. After "clean" command execution, both apps, new created and "hello_sensor", still have the error message.

Best Regards,

Joy Sun

OK, I saw this on my trace too upon closer examination. Our traces are coming out from the ROM and it could be a bug. My personal take on this is that if it doesn't affect your application, then just live with it for the time being.