Too many debug log causes the device reset

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

SDK: WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.0

Tag: 920737.

app: hello-client.

Hello,

I am faced with the Tag-reset issue during high scan using the hello-client application.

When I try high scan, hello_client_advertisement_report() calls blecen_leAdvReportCb() and a number of TRACE messages(embedded in Blecen stack) are displayed and the tag reset itself.

I remove blecen_leAdvReportCb() as a comment, and then the device reset doesn't occur.

But I add my own logs using ble_trace about 20 lines at 2 sec intervals without blecen_leAdvReportCb() but it also occurs reset during high scan.

Actually, there are so many BT devices(up to 30) in my area and advertising report is called so many times.

Therefore, In my opinion, too many logs cause a device reset.

I thought it happened by watchdogs so I tried to disable wathdog and kick but it was no use.

- disabling watchdog(adding GLOBAL_DEFINES += WICED_DISABLE_WATCHDOG in the makefile)

- adding wdog_restart() between logs per lines.

Do you have any idea about this problem?(incresing trace buffer, or other way to disable watchdog, disable stack logs except for my app's log, or something)

Thanks,

Seo.

0 Likes
1 Solution

i think it will be a better idea to get a local rep to discuss with you on this. I have attached a list of Distributors here and you may contact them for assistance. are you based in korea? do include me in your email to them...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies